Monday, August 16, 2010

WOW!!!!





I found my new FAVORITE place to go!!
B.A. SWEETIES!!!!
As I was going to Deseret Book on Saturday, I was headed west on Williams Field and just west of the light at Alma School... Katie says "Look at that store"! On the front of it it said "B.A. Sweeties" and it had different names of candy on the front of the building!
Of course I darted across three lanes of traffic and slammed on my brakes and turned right into the parking lot! My thought was Emma's birthday was coming up and Gavin just was baptized that day and I thought I should check it out!!!
Well forget Gavin and Emma and the rest of the grand kids and... HELLO Tamy!! Then my next thought was.... Tom Scheurn just went broke!!!
When I walked in I could not believe my eyes!! 3000 square feet of EVERY kind of candy EVER known to man! It came in ever form from... bulk, boxes to single packs. Some hard, some soft, some sour, some chocolate, some with nuts, some with out, some new, some old... I think you get the idea!!!!! I have truly never seen anything like it before in my life! I was in sensory overload! I had no idea where to starts or... what to do!! I thought of each grand kid and what they would like. I thought about each of my kids and their spouse what they would like. Then I started thinking about my friends needs. Then my thought went to my mom and sisters! And last but not least what Tom would like!!
When I was a little girl my mom would take us to a store called "McCorys" at Thomas Mall or Newberrys, at Park Central Mall, and sometimes to the Sears candy counter! My mom would give us anywhere between thirty-five and fifty cents and let us buy candy, while she shopped for fabric! We could get allot for that much money! (I just really dated my selve!) So I have always loved a store that had a good variety of candies especially old kinds of candies we got as young kids!
Let me tell you... this store not only has old school candy, but candy I have never seen or heard of!!! After I got past the first ten feet of the store I knew there was going to be a big problem and I needed to get a hold of my self!! I soon pulled it together some what... and put many things back!'
It was by far an hour of fun and excitement that I enjoyed so much! I would tell everyone I know to go check out "B.A. Sweetie".... which by the way stands for "Bag A Sweetie"!!!
I can't wait to tell Tom that I want to go to Cleavland, Ohio for our next vacation because... the girl that checked me out said the original store is there and.... it is 10,ooo square feet!!!
Mmm- Mmm!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment