Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Best Cowboy 100%























































Today when I checked my Emails, I was excited because I saw I had a letter from Eric, our exchange student from Brazil!
He had sent me a sweet note and a video he must of found on U-Tube called Families Can Be Together Forever! I played the video and read his sweet words and it just made my morning! Before long I realized I had a email forwarded to me from Tom that Eric had sent him! It read exactly like this....
heey Thooooom Scheeuurrnn (he always extends his words crazy kid)
how are you?
I really miss all you guys.
yesterday I went in my room and got the medal (silver coin) cita (my mom gave him) gave me....
it hurts me inside, I wish everything was easy and I could go there.
but I already working so I can go at the end of the year or in the middle of next year!
I will ve (be) the popcorn maker!
I sent you this email just to say I love you, and that soon we will see each other and we will be together Families can be together forever remember?
how is hawk's doing? (tom's horse)
the best cowboy 100% is Thom Scheurn!
with much love,
Eric Kentish (we always use last names it is an inside joke)
As you can read his English is not quite as good as it was but in our eyes it was perfect!
Eric would always extend his words so that is why Tom's name is spelled like it is. Also Tom has always told Eric that he was ALWAYS welcome to come back and live with us and if he can't find a job here that Tom would always hire him to pop the popcorn at the dealership for the customers that come in! It has been an on going joke for the last year!
The percent thing is about.... When ever Eric asked us if we liked something he would always say... "What percent you like"! We would say if something was fantastic and amazing we would say "For sure 100%" or if was not to good we would say "UHMMMM maybe 1 or 2 %" Everything from girls to clothes was a %!!! " VVEERRRRY NNIIICCCEEEE", he then would say!
As I have said before... Tom made sure that Eric knew we loved him and made sure that he felt like he was an important member in our family! Every morning before school Tom would kneel and pray with Rhett and Eric before they left for the day. At night Tom would call every one from where they are to come in the living room or our room for family prayer, I know Eric loved that. Tom would take Eric home teaching with him. Tom was a great example to Eric from the first moment they met! He welcomed Eric into our home as if he knew him for ever! I think Tom did know him before he came to our home! Tom showed his love to Eric and treated Eric just like he was his own son! A few emails back that I got from Eric he told me that he tries to get his family together at night for family prayer like Tom taught him to do. He said that he prays for his family in Portuguese and he prays for his American family in English.
Eric will forever be part of our family. Eric told me do not ever take his picture off my blog! It will be there forever!
I know with out doubt that Tom has mad an ever lasting impression on Eric! I do know that Eric misses the love he felt from Tom. He misses the hugs that Tom gave him! He misses the fun crazy times they had together! The buffets, the sushi, the sports talk, the sport bashing, going to football games and soccer games, wrestling tournaments where Eric would yell at the top of his lungs in a deep rough voice... GO RHETT SCHEURN!!!! there are so many things we miss with that kid!!!!
Eric is a special loving young man! I know he was put in our home for a reason! He needed Toms love and example and for that his life will for ever be changed for the better! I am so thankful that Tom was able to teach Eric gospel principles that will help him conduct his life in a manor that will help him to be happy! I know one day when Eric has a family he will share stories of Tom with his kids and wife and I am sure he will teach his family what Tom has taught him, and will love his family as Tom loves his family!
Tom... Eric is right you are "The Beat Cowboy and You Are 100%"!
WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!! and... You will ALWAYS BE MY 100% COWBOY FOR EVER!!!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment