Friday, August 27, 2010

Hands!!!

I would say tonight except it is now morning, 4:00 am to be exact and I can not sleep!
There are few reasons why....
First I will start with a presentation I gave, (last night) to all eleven Relief Society Presidents and Stake Leaders as well. I have given several presentation in the past few months on out-of-wedlock pregnancies and addictions of ALL kinds! You would think after having this calling for eight years I could just give a presentation in an hours time and for once not shed a tear as I talk about these things and... be done with it and go home and go to bed!! It just never happens like that!
As a Agency Representative for Family Service we have been trained in many ways but... we have also been taught that you should pray about your presentation and the people you will be presenting to and teach by the spirit. So each time it is different in some ways! Last night as I spoke to these women I started by saying.... I pray that as I talk about these sensitive subjects that I do not offend anyone or let any thing I say come between you and the Lord!! One of the main things I talk about is how sometimes the Mormon community can be judgemental! In a conference talk given by President Utchdorf he said we need to be better missionaries and fellowship our bothers and sister and to fellowship means to form a friendship and friendships are loving, they show love!
As I sat in on a counseling session last week with a birth mom David explained something that made so much sense to me! He said it is one thing to tell someone you love them over and over but sometimes even though you tell them you love them your behavior may not show it! This made so much sense to me!
When you think about the Savior.... allot of times you think of Him with his Hands stretched out in front of Him. When you think of Him that way.... you notice that the Savior never talks down to anyone... He only talks to them and with them!! When you think of the Savior and the way He teaches... He teaches with love. The Lord does not threaten or talk down to us But.. Satin on the other hand does! Satin say if we do not live up to our covenants that we are in his power and he uses scare tactics. I have talked before about this conference talk called..."You Are His Hands". I LOVE THIS TALK!!! I know I need to strive harder to emulate the Savior! I, we need to be His eyes, His ears and His Hands! We need to get on the path of those who are struggling and walk with them. We need not to just tell someone I love you but change your behavior in a way to show them you love them!
There is nothing that is irreversible with the Atonement!
This meeting was to be one hour but it lasted almost two hours! There was not one sister in that room who had not or is not being effected by an addiction of their own or a loved one in her family and wanted to share their feelings! The spirit of this meeting was intense to say the least! Even after the meeting was over these sister stayed and talked for quite sometime!
I feel sure that after this meeting every sister in that room..... GOT IT!!! I feel sure that this meeting will make an everlasting change in the way they view people who are struggling with life's experiences! I pray people will do all they can to not judge but extend their HAND as the Savior extends His Hands to ALL of us!
Now the next reason I am having a hard time going to sleep as it is now approaching five in the morning.... Rhett's mission papers were sent in as of last night! August 26, 2010! As I lay in bed thinking about Rhett embarking on a full time mission for two years my emotions are raw! I know how much he is needed and I know Rhett needs to stretch himself but... he is my baby!! I WILL MISS HIM!!!! I pray he will be a warrior, that he will loose himself in the service of the Lord! I pray he will rely on the Lord at all times and he will serve every waking minute! I pray he too will be the Lords Hands and that his Hands will continually be stretched out to those he is called to serve! I pray he will have peace and a calm about him so he will hear the promptings of his Heavenly Father to find those who need a HAND!
Rhett... I love you! I know if you will surrender your Hands to the Lord you will have a wonderful mission. Never forget how strong your hands are you have made many tackles on the football field with your Hands and you have pinned many wrestlers on the wrestling mat with your Hands and now it is time to take those strong big Hands and serve the people where ever you are called.
Rhett again dad and I love you, and your Hands have now officially been called to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment