Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Best Birthday Present Ever!!!

Nena with her daughters, Grace and Valentina!























Every year Tom says to me.... "What do you want for your birthday"?And every year I say the same thing to him.... "I already have what I want"!!!
NENA!!!!!
When I was nine years old my mom had a big birthday party for me the day before my birthday! I remember the party well! My mom always went out of her way when it came to our birthdays! I have many great memories of many great birthdays!!! My mom made sure we always had a new dress that she had made for us! The cakes were always homemade and memorable because she would wrap coins up in foil and put them into the batter and bake the coins in the cake. Who every got the "QUARTER" won a prize!!! My mom would also freeze ice cube trays of kool-aid to go in our drinks! We always felt like our birthdays were special and important!!
On my ninth birthday my mom had my party the night before my actual birthday. I am sure she must of had some insight she would be having the baby any minute due to the fact this was her seventh baby! I had a great party! I do remember the next day when my dad took my to the hospital when she went into labor! I remember waiting for my dad to come home to tell us if we had a brother or a sister, seeing at that point the score was even! Three girls and Three boys! I know us girls really wanted a girl! We knew if it was a girl her name was going to be Nena! I do not remember all the details but I do remember at some point my dad putting on a record of a song called "Nena Never Knew" And at that point we knew my mom had a baby girl! I was so happy!!!
Nena has always been special to me! I know she was a gift from above to me on my birthday! My mom has always made two cakes and we had two parties allot of the time! People have always asked me do you feel bad you do not have your own birthday just for you! That question has always caught me by surprise! NO, NO NO!!! In fact I could not imagine not sharing a birthday with one of the people I love most in this world! Also my Mom always made each of us feel like it was our own special day!
Nena has always been special to me! When she was little she was like a real live doll to us older girls! I loved dressing her and most of all doing her hair! I use to make her sit on the counter in the bathroom or the clothes hamper and do her hair!! I would get it so tight and perfect by the time I was done she always told me she felt like she was going to throw up! I would always say just a few more minutes and then I will be done! Sometimes she would have to lay down on the counter so I could finish! What a champ!
One of my other favorite things I use to love to do with Nena was, we would stand on the harth of the fire place with wooden spoons and turn on the record player LOUD! We would play Tammy Wynette songs and we would sing them at the tops of our lungs! "Stand By Your Man", "Apartment Number Nine" and of course the classic 'D-I-V-O-R-C-E"! We also would sing "Satin Sheet"! We have pictures of us singing and singing!
Another favorite time with Nena when she was little was when I would take her to the stables to ride horses! She would ride different horses but... I think it was "Ginger" who ran away with Nena and... she fell off and that pretty much ended her riding career!!
I can remember like it was yesterday when I started dating Tom. Tom and I would try to sneak off upstairs to make-out and Nena would ALWAYS come up there and do cartwheels and anything else to get our attention!! When I started dating Tom, Nena was barely six years old!
As Nena grew older my LOVE only grew for her! When Nena had her first baby, Hutton, I was in the labor room with her and Bubba! She was having a rough labor and I just stayed close to her and tried to keep her calm and all was well until she threw up tuna all over me right before she delivered him! In fact I had told her not to eat the tuna but she did not listen to me at the time! But when it was time to go into the delivery room I gave her a kiss and said I will see you in a little while.... AND the doctor said we aren't going to the delivery room without you, you are the only one that can keep her calm so off I went to the delivery room with her!! Nena was a champ as always!
I could write forever about Nena and the LOVE I have her! She is a amazing sister, mom, aunt, daughter, friend and chief and example!!
Nena is always there to listen and encourage me! Nena loves my kids no matter what they do. Nena would do anything for me and my family at any given moment! I have a love I can not describe for her! I do not know what I would do without her! I LOVE her sense of humor! I do think she missed her calling as an comedic imperiousness, she can imitate anybody and even our one legged dog we use to have!!! She is HILARIOUS!!! I LOVE BEING WITH HER !
Most of all I am THANKFUL to my Heavenly Father for sending her to me on my ninth birthday! I say to me because that is how I feel! I feel like Nena is my present sent from up above! I am Eternally blessed to have her for my sister and I am Eternally thankful for her!
Nena Happy Birthday!!!! I LOVE and ADORE you with all my heart forever!!!!








































































No comments:

Post a Comment