Friday, August 13, 2010

It must of been a HEAT STROKE!!!!


Yesterday I left the house early to run several errands The first being LDS Family Service. As Katie and I were waiting for David to call us back for our weekly visit! I needed to get something out of my purse, that was on the floor and as I leaned over to get in my purse... I caught a glimpse of my feet! In a some what loud voice I said,"Oh my gosh"! Katie asked "What is wrong, did you lock your keys in the truck"? I said "No worst... I have two different shoes on"! Katie thought it was hilarious, me not so much!!!!When David, who is a counselor and trains us A.R.s, called us back I tried not to bring any attention to my feet but... of course Katie brought it to Davids attention! He laughed so hard I think everyone in F.S. heard him! I told him it was a heat thing and it is so hot out I can not see, hear or smell, let alone figure out if I have matching shoes on! After he quit laughing at me... notice I did not say with me... our visit soon became very spiritual. In our last training meeting on Wednesday, David referred back to President Uchtdorf' talk called "You Are His Hands". I loved this talk and had read it several time but he asked us Agency Representatives to see it and listen to it with our calling in mind!
In this talk President Uchtdort said it was unworthy of us as Christians to think of those who suffer deserve their suffering. He also used a metaphor about how an old dirty wrinkled up twenty dollar bill has the same worth as a new crisp twenty dollar bill! He also said that everyone is a V.I.P. in the eyes of the Lord! It was a great talk and I could go on for ever about this talk!
It is so important for us not judge. In my calling I get the chance to witness great things! I have seen many that are struggling with many different types of addiction. I have seen Earthly Angels place their babies in homes to be adopted by parents who are unable to have children of their own! Being an addict or facing an out-of-wedlock pregnancies are very difficult issues to go through. But yet I have witnessed miracles many times! It is sad to say that sometimes people judge those who are struggling. Here again how unworthy of us! This subject is near and dear to my heart!
As our visit was coming to an end and David had given Katie many examples of her self worth and tried to help her understand it does not matter what others think about her and talked to her about all her good traits he said... Let me give you an other example! As he was looking down at my two different shoes, I thought to my self... what is he thinking and where is he going with this conversation! He continued to say most people who left their home with two different shoes, would be horrified and run home and find a matching pair and would never run errands wearing different shoes BUT.... Knowing Tamy I am sure she is not going home until her errands are done! He said you know Tamy she does not care what people think of her or she would not say some of the things she say if she did care!! David knows me well! Yes I spent all day out with two different shoe and did not give it much thought!
Let me make this clear though.... Let me reassure you I will never let the heat get to me again where I can't figure out that my shoes do not match. And I am still not sure if I missed this last example that David gave about my shoes in President Uchtdorf's talk or was it strictly the heat!!! Maybe someone will let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment