Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Cardboard Box!

We had a huge empty box in our garage that has been in the way.... and I had been telling Tom to break it up and throw it away!
Tom has a thing about boxes! He likes to save them and just put STUFF in them!!! After this huge box kept getting in my way, I went to toss it and at that point Tom said he was going to make a play house out of it for Gwen, since she was the only one that could fit in it anyway!
So two weeks later , who knows how much money in paint and brushes,and at least fifty hours of tender loving time, Pops put into this play house.... It is now complete!
I was bugged with Tom because I kept thinking this little play house would not last long and... It was taking allot of time to make! Not to mention it was hard for me to get in and out of my car!
It was all worth it when Gwen saw it last night!!! She opened the door and went in and LOVED it!!! She looked so cute in it as well! She want to name all the colors painted on it! She looked out the windows, she LOVED it!
But I now realize who was the Happiest of all!! Pops!!! He was over joyed to see how much Gwen loved it! He told me several times "Gwen really loves her play house" and that brought much joy to Tom!!
After I gave it some thought I felt so bad that I had complained so much about this little house, and how it had been in my way! It brought such excitement and joy to two people I really love!
There is no amount of money that could of bought such happiness to Gwen or Pops! Who would of thought that a cardboard box could made two people so happy!!

Tom you are the Best Pops in the world!
Note to self... If it last only a few weeks or a few months it was worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment