Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Thomas Walker Scheurn"!!!!

November 28, 1986 was a day I will never forget!
This day seemed like it was yesterday!Tom and I went with the kids to my mom's house for Thanksgiving and had a great dinner! Since I have C-Sections I knew what day I would have Walker! My mom kept the kids for the night and Tom and I went home and sleep as well as anyone can sleep when you are full term!!
The next day Tom and I went to the hospital. As always Tom had flowers waiting in the hospital room when I arrived!! The nurses got me ready and my mom came down to the hospital as well! Before I knew it my mom was in scrubs as well as Tom was too! My doctor said it would be okay for my mom to come in the operating room with Tom!
I remember when the doctor delivered Walker he was a big baby and as the doctor was trying to pass him over to the nurses Walker grabbed on to the gown of the doctor and would not let go! Walker was strong from the minute he was born!
Do to some complications I was unable to hold Walker for the first day or two but once I got him home I could not put him down!
Walker was so different from my other kids! He has always had the curliest blonde hair and he had beautiful blue eyes! Even though Walker was always a big HUSKY baby and Husky little boy... He still always had such an angelic face! I will say that Walker was my only unplanned pregnancy and I was not to happy when I find out I was pregnant but.... I will tell you the Lord knew exactly what I needed in my life at this time and... It was Thomas Walker Scheurn!!
All my kids have said Walker is our "Golden Child" and I only say this because....Tonight when we were having birthday dinner for Walker this was part of the conversation! I think all my kids have been the "Golden Child" at some point in each of their lives!
I do have to say that Walker has always been a peace maker! He has always tried to be very obedient and is such a hard worker! He is so polite, sincere and caring! I still have people call me from Walker's mission! Walker worked so hard on his mission and I feel sure EVERYONE he spoke to could feel the love he had for his Heavenly Father and to who ever he was talking to!
I love his testimony and the spirit that abides with him! Walker is a solid honest son! Tom and I have never worried about Walker and his salvation! He know where he is going and he knows how to get there!
Tom and I are so THANKFUL for Walker! He has been a great example to Rhett and to many others! He is tender hearted and sweet! Walker has a great love for his niece and nephews! Walker is also so witty and funny, I love his since of humor! I cherish the time that I am with him!
I often thought how can such a sweet tender boy be such a great football player and wrestler. He has always love sports! He has always given his all whether it was sports or work!
I remember prior to going on his mission and in the summers he worked at President LeSueur hay barn! Walker would load hay all day long in 115 degree weather! I would worry about him out in the sun all day lifting big bales of hay! I would talk to him about maybe finding a different job but he loved the hard work and he said it kept him in shape!
On this day I just want to tell Walker how very much I love him and how very proud I am of him! I love to be known as Walker's mom! I am Eternally thankful to my Heavenly Father for sending me the cream of the crop! It has been a joy for Tom and I to raise Walker!
Walker again I LOVE YOU and I am so THANKFUL for you!
Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment