Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Forever Changing Day For Elder Scheurn!

One Proud Happy Pops (dad)





Notice how BLUE the sky is!!!

Jami and Myles, we love you!
We went to eat at the Macaroni Grill after the Temple!



Let me first apologize for all the pictures but I just had to!

This has been a day to remember FOREVER!!
Today Elder Nolan Rhett Scheurn, my baby, went to the House of the Lord! Yes today Rhett took out his endowments in the Mesa Arizona Temple!! It was the 5:30 session and it was quite full! There were two other Elders that were preparing to leave on their missions as well! They were going to Japan!
It has been a cool crisp day and... For some reason this day seemed to be clearer than I have ever seen! I felt like I was standing on top of the Superstition Mountain Range as Tom, Rhett and I drove to the Temple! The sky seemed to be a deeper shade of blue than I have ever seen! This day was definitely different than any day I have had for a long time! There was a still peace through out the day as I fasted for Rhett knowing this day would be a forever changing day for him! I feel sure it was! I know he will keep this day in his heart for ever!!
As I think about people that have helped Rhett prepare to go to the Lord's House.... The first person that comes to my mind is Rhett's dad! Tom has helped molded Rhett into the young man he is! If you know Rhett, he can be strong and intense and.... strong willed at time whether it was in sports, chores or getting up for some of his early morning meetings! But it has been Tom that has either patiently persuaded him or sometime used some loving harder encouragement in helping him understand what would be the best choice to help Rhett grow in many areas of his life! Tom has been a GREAT example of hard work and has also showed and shared with Rhett the love he has for his Savior and Heavenly Father! I think back on all the mornings I would witness Tom and Rhett on bended knees praying before Rhett left for school. I know Rhett will never forget those tender moment he shared with his dad! For this I want Tom to know how much I love him and thank him for being such wonderful father and example!!
Dennis Ray who has played a big role in helping Rhett to prepare for his mission was there with LuAnn his wife to support Rhett at the Temple. I also want to thank Dennis especially for the love and time he has given Rhett! Rhett has always felt the unconditional love Dennis has given him for several years! Dennis you have been the best advisor Rhett has ever had! Again I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Ruth Embelton a friend of mine from my ward came to support Rhett as well! Ruth has been a great cheer leader for Rhett as well as for me! When I saw her in the Temple she seemed to calm me even more! Thanks Ruth for the love and support you give me!
Jami and Myles were there and Walker, Joe, Erin, and Tanya were all there to support and to show their love for Rhett! It was a tender moment to watch Joe and Walker put their arms around their little brother and give Rhett words of love and encouragement! I know Rhett has had many conversations with Joe and Walker as he has prepared for his mission! I am thankful Rhett can go to them and ask any questions he has about his mission! I know all of Rhetts bothers are so proud of him as well!
Posey is living in GA but Rhett has said he has had many words of love and encouragement from her as well! I know she would of been in the Temple with Rhett had she been here!
As I watched Tom with Rhett as we were leaving for the Temple and while in the Temple.... Tom should of just wrote PROUD across his forehead as he sat with Rhett! As we were taking pictures before we left for the Temple Tom could not help him self but to just wrap both of his arms around Rhett and just squeeze him!!
Since Tom and Rhett had to be to the Temple earlier than I.... We parked the car and I walked them both up to the front of the Temple to take more pictures... and then I kissed Rhett and told him how much I loved him and how happy I was that he had mad the choice to keep him self worthy to enter the House of The Lord!
I then went across the street to the Distribution Center and bought a few thing! I was so happy to be there on Tuesday because for the last three years.... there is a family who bakes fresh Swiss bread and banana bread and every Tuesday.... and they are there to sell their breads!! So of course I bought a loaf of each!! I went back to the Temple and as I walked in I saw Rhett and Tom standing there in the foyer and.... I can only tell you.... I felt sure their wasn't a more handsome young missionary in this whole world as Rhett stood next to his dad! Tom again was so proud... I could just see his face beam!! Tom's smile was from "Ear to Ear"!
It is hard for me to express my feelings of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all of my children! Even though life has ups and downs... I am so thankful for each child we have! Each are different and each special in their own ways! I also have a hard time expressing my gratitude for a husband and a Father to my kids who is the very best example with his Christ like attributes!
This day indeed was a life changing day for Rhett and for me! It was a crowning blessing for me.... to see Rhett with in the walls of the Temple! I could not be more thankful, happy, blessed, and proud on this thirtieth day of November 2010! Rhett I am so thankful for you and for the desire you have to serve your Heavenly Father for the next two years in the Italy Milan mission!
I love you my precious son and missionary!
You have for sure now been called in many ways! Again I love you and I will miss you more than you know!!
Chow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment