Friday, November 12, 2010

Time is Approaching Quickly!











The time is approaching quickly!! Not sure if I am ready!!!!
Rhett and I went shopping for all the clothes he will need for his mission!! I do have to say that I feel sure he will be the cutest missionary in the world! I do know that every missionary in the world is the cutest because all missionaries have parents and we all think our missionary is the cutest ever!!
It was fun to spend time with Rhett. We went to lunch and shopped our heads off! Not sure if Rhett thought it was as fun as I did! But we were successful in getting all he needed!
There was one problem we kept running into and that is Rhett's shoulders are so broad that it was extra hard to fit him! He wore a.... 44 long suit! So here is where the problem comes in play! The body of the suit was then HUGE on him, Even with a narrow or athletic cut suit it was still huge so... pretty much the jackets have to be completely remade in a sense! John Fitch who has worked for Penney's for years, said "do you know how many men would kill for Rhett's body"! John had the same challenge when he helped Walker get off on his mission! I buy all of Toms and all of my boys suits from John! He still remembers helping Joe.
It was funny when Walker got all his suits.... there were few suits that fit him as well! So one of Walker's suits was a very light sage taupe color suit! John kept saying "Tamy this suit is to light in color for a mission"! I told John "This is the only suit that some what fits and it only comes in these colors so... What are they going to do.... send home"? That would of been ok for me!
We found Rhett a beautiful black and navy suit and it will take a few weeks to get them tailored! We went on to the shirts!!! Again a problem! Usually Rhett just wears the top button open so the shirt will fit his body but.... That is not going to work on a mission! Again he needed a 17 1/2 and... Even the fitted shirt was huge in the body! I have never heard of altering a shirt BUT.... Yes the shirts will have to be altered as well!! So after several hours at Penny's we were on to Dillards for shoes! We found some great shoes a pair of black, pair of brown and some new athletic shoes! I found it a little dumb to buy shoes here when Rhett is going to ITALY on his mission! But we went ahead full steam and got all he needed! I am sure he will need new shoes on his mission like my other boys did so when he needs new ones he can get those in Italy!!! YOU THINK!!!!
I was a great day but I do have to say... MY BABY..... is leaving on a mission for two years!!! I remember when Joe left I cried for a good six months! I remember when we went to go pick him up we were not to get him until that evening and I kept telling Tom I know he is at the mission home so lets just go sit across the street from the mission home and maybe I can just get a glimpse of him going in and out!!! I seriously wanted to stock him!! Tom kept saying to me you have not seen him in two years you can wait five more hours...But I couldn't! I went anyways!!!
I have talked about a "HAPPY SAD" before! Rhett going on a mission is truly a "HAPPY SAD"!!!
I will miss my baby ever so much! I know the Lord sent him far because he knew I would not leave him alone in the states!!!
All I can say is..... DON"T TEST ME!!!!!! I feel sure I want to go to Europe next Christmas!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment