Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 !!!

Gage and Gwen!
Cute Girls!
Corley!
Lillian and Gwennie!

The girl cousins!
Grayson! Madison!
Grayson!
"Gwenie"
Most of the boy cousins

Madison Kip's daughter and my brother David!

Stacy's daughter Natalie!

What a GREAT Thanksgiving!!
Years ago, I use to always have Thanksgiving at my house because we always seemed to have a bigger home and I had the most kids so... We always had it at our house! Now Nena and Jami have just as big of a house BUT.... How do I still have more kids..... Oh yes now I have ten grand kids to add to the list!!
Since Rhett will be leaving on his mission in less than three weeks :-( I wanted this Thanksgiving to be extra special.... So I decided to have Thanksgiving at our house this year!
My brothers, sisters, parents and friends all came! I was sad that my oldest sister Kim was unable to attend and Posey was unable to come as well! I truly missed Posey and her family, it would of been great if her and her family would of been here with us! Even our foreign exchange student from when I was growing up came! Her name is Svetlana and we all are still very close to her forty years later! She is battling cancer and it was great to see her! We had about fifty people come for dinner!
I have to say how proud I am of Posey! She made a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner for her family and extended family! Posey made everything! I have to say she is now women because she even took the neck and all the other things that come inside a turkey out! I have tried for years to get her to do this but... Never could talk her into it! I guess that is what happens when your mom does not live close! After seeing pictures of Posey's table set beautifully and the food looked wonderful.... I do know she is now matured into an amazing wonderful women! So Proud!!!
Rhett loves being with his family but he is also so very close to his cousins so it was great to have almost all of them at Thanksgiving! We ate around 2:30 and I think the last of everyone left around 7:30pm!
We set up six tables outside and the weather could not of been better!!! Tom saddled up one of his horse and just kept her saddled most of the day so anyone could ride her when ever they wanted! All the boys also went to the church and played basketball!
I have to say how thankful I am for my family! I am thankful to know it is a ETERNAL family! I am thankful Rhett had this chance to be with everyone before he leaves on the Lord's errand!!
This was a perfect Thanksgiving! We had so much fun being with each other!
The only thing that would of made this day better is if.... Kim and Posey and her family and the cousin that were missing would of been there!
All in all I am thankful for such a beautiful day! I have been SO blessed in so many ways it is hard to express my gratitude! But I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for ALL of my blessings not just on Thanksgiving but everyday 27/7!!

No comments:

Post a Comment