Thursday, November 4, 2010

Heaven Stands Still!

This week needs to be OVER!!!
This week has been a particular hard week for some reason! Not sure why!Maybe thinking about Rhett leaving...... Maybe thinking about all I need to do to get Rhett off on his mission.... Maybe seeing people struggling with addictions..... Maybe seeing young girls struggling with out-of -wedlock pregnancies..... Maybe seeing little kids neglected.... Maybe worrying about a presentation that I have to give in another ward in my stake.... Maybe worrying about friends who are sick or have cause to mourn..... Maybe I mad because my knee will have to be scoped....Maybe thinking about certain love ones that I worry about.... Maybe I just have this pit in my stomach because I have let everything spiral out of control instead of....Just getting on my knees and surrendering my self to the Lord!
For some reason I just can not seem to Give my trials to the Savior and my Heavenly Father and move on! When I get like this my life is so dark and gloomy! I know what I need to do but.... I just can't! I feel like I need to carry all of it! Why do I do this??? Sometimes I think it makes me feel better! Maybe it does! Maybe I need to go through this every so often so I can recognize all the good! I think when this happens I have to make an effort to look for the good and happiness in this world! This is probably a good thing so I do not take things for granite!
BUT.... I HATE this when it happens! When it does... things that would normally not bother me to much seem HUGE!!!!! I get so frustrated with people and there choices.... not to mention my choices, that stress me out!!!! BUT....
As this week has come to a close, it is now Sunday night and I started this post last Monday and have not found the time to finish it. I have to say I am thankful I did not have the time to finish...There was a reason why it worked out this way!
Like I said it is Sunday night late and this as been a full day for me! I met with my Stake President this morning to talk about my calling and to visit with him and let him know of those who are struggling with many serious trials in their lives! We talked for a while and I voiced my concerns. And then I was off to another ward to give a presentation about out-of-wedlock pregnancies and addictions and co-dependency! I had studied all week and written many things down and then... I stood up to start my lesson..... from that moment on I never looked down at my notes! The spirit took over and taught! I feel like the lesson went well. The Bishop said that I said exactly what he thought should of been talked about! He went on to explain to me that he was going to call me and ask me to hit some areas harder than others! He said he always stand in grace with a soft heart when someone just teaches by the spirit without looking at a note and teaching exactly what needs to be taught!
There were many women who came to me with tears after class and said I finally met someone who understands and gets it!!! When we know better we do better, that is for sure! It breaks my heart to hear sister tell me of the trials in their lives. But I tried to explain to these women that only through trials we find strength!
I also explained that when we have a love ones or a close friend struggling with an addiction... that it is okay to detach from the problem but not the person. Detachment motivated by love can shield us from needless pain and set the stage for a truly rewarding relationship!
So after thinking my week has been so hard I have to say it has BUT... I can say I will take my trials all day every day after hearing about all the trials people have shared with me this week!!!
After today, (Sunday) I am thankful to say even though my world has shaken all last week... It is nice to know Heaven Continues Stands Still !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment