Thursday, November 26, 2009

I am so thankful 2009!

What a great day this has been!! Where do I start? I guess i should start by expressing my gratitude for all my blessings!
I am going to start with my family! I am so thankful to of had ALL of our kids and spouse and grand kids with us this thanksgiving! When Posey said Ieen was flying out also i was so happy knowing our family will all be together so now we get to have the dreaded family picture taken on Monday night .seeing that the last picture we have is missing the three "G"s.Gwen,Gage and Grey! so Rob will be taking the picture for us! It is always so hard to get all of us together but well worth it! We have decided to wear black,white and gray!
But back to Thanksgiving! not only our family are all together but... all seven of my brothers and sister were all there with their kids as well! the only nephew that was missing was Sam, who we miss ever so much and Reegan and Madison. I love All my nieces and nephews so much! Every single one of them are Darling! They are All so kind and respectful to me and I love and appreciate them so much!
We had a beautiful dinner. We all pitched in and cooked different things and every thing was perfect! We had 3 turkeys, 2 hams mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes Brussels sprouts,green bean,stuffing,cream corn,and..... Tanya's home made rolls ect...
and forget about telling you about the FREAKEN DESERTS, I heard they were great but I was to full to even try them!
And then the"Turkey Bowl" football game at the greenbelt! even the girls played this year! That is when the true colors of everyone comes out! It is more competitive than the super bowl! It is so funny because all the adults think their kid is the best and passes to them more! So that means we have to trade out quarterbacks every once in a while!
Eric, our exchange student got some REAL culture today! He had a great day even tho the juice from the ham we brought leaked out on to the sit of the truck and all over his pants! SUCKED to be him for those few minutes! but he was a good sport and I washed them and everything was just fine!
I am so thankful for my sisters witch includes Jami (She is more like a sister than a sister-in-law)we have so much fun when we are together and they are a huge blessing in my life!
My bothers including Bubba, are also great and i love them too and they are an other blessing as well!
I loved visiting with my mom! She was having a hard time with her feet. I wish I could take that pain for her!WE are all so blessed but sometime our bodies don't want to cooperate very well! I pray that she can rest her feet tonight and that her feet will feel better tomorrow
My dad he enjoys seeing all the kids and trys to say the right things and i know he loves his kids and does the best he can to help! I think he is lonely and that makes me sad.One day he will understand this life better! But i do love him!
I was thankful to talk so several friends and tell them how thankful I am for them as well! I am blessed with some very special friends!
Most of all i am thankful for my knowledge that we have a Savior and a Heavenly Father who knows me by name and he loves me and my family and my extended family and friends! If we all could gasp this knowledge we all would understand things much better! WE all have so much to be thankful for and we do not know all our blessings yet because there will be so many more if we just look and listen and look for the "Tender Mercies" in our life's!
Again i am thankful for a special dear husband that honors me and loves me in ALL my short failings. He does so much for our family and we are thankful for him! Tom I love you!
I could go on for ever about blessings! I do know for one thing that blessings come on the Lords time and we all need to be aware of that! Especially me!
I am going to close by saying thank you to all who made this day such a great one and I pray that every one had as great of a day as I did!
I am off to the shower and put my Origins body souplee on that Monya gave me and get in my bed witha piece of punkin pie! I think after eating at 1;30 and it is late now so i think a piece of pie will fit now!

1 comment:

  1. I love to read your blog, you crack me up. I have been trying to get one of my girls to be in the Scheurn family for years, I only have one option left Hales and Rhett, it's not looking good can you work on that for me? Love you

    ReplyDelete