Thursday, September 30, 2010

Confirmation!

I use to cook when my kids were little but for the past several years I rarely cook!
I think I stopped cooking as much when Walker and Rhett were so busy with sports! I never knew when practice would be over or delayed and things were just busy! I never knew quite when Tom was getting home either! The other problem is Rhett is so picky that it got old trying to figure out what he would eat! And then when Walker left on his mission that pretty much sealed the deal!
But I do try and cook at least on Sunday when the kids come over with the grand kids! They love to eat at our house! It is a loud crazy dinner but... like Tom said it is worth the memories for the grand kids.
Last Sunday we celebrated Rhett's birthday and he wanted steak for his birthday dinner! So I had a big package sirloin steaks in the freezer and I went to take it out to defrost before I left for church! It was so heavy, I dropped the frozen meat on my foot as I took it out of the freezer!!!
It hurt so bad and before Tom could get to me to see what happened my toe and foot started to swell and bruise! It hurt like no other!!
I feel sure this is a sign that I should never cook again!! I always knew I hated to cook but.... this just confirmed it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment