Monday, September 20, 2010

My Baby's Birthday! September 20, 1991





Today is a special day for me! It is my baby's birthday! It seems like he was just born yesterday... Maybe because after 19 years. I still have not lost the "Baby Weight"! They say "The more kids you have harder it is to loose the baby weight"!
All kidding aside this will be a birthday I will never forget for Rhett, nor will he!!!
As we all know by now Rhett was called to the Italy Milan Mission! He will report to the Mission Training Center December 15, 2010!
I feel sure Rhett could not or will not ever receive a better gift than this call to serve the people of Italy!
There were a few reasons why I thought Rhett would serve in the U.S.A. As we all know as moms we think we know what is best for our kids! Here again the Lord has brought things to my attention AGAIN.... that we are all Heavenly Fathers kids and He knows what is best for us!
So all I can say to Rhett besides HAPPY BIRTHDAY is... CHOW!!!!!
I really does seem like it was just yesterday Rhett was born! With the age difference between Walker and Rhett.... Rhett and I had a lot of one on one time! He was the cutest baby! He was much smaller then my other kids and came about five weeks early! I know I have talked of this before but when Rhett was little he always called me Precious! People would get the biggest kick out of that! Of course I loved being called Precious, what mom wouldn't!
Tom and I are so thankful for Rhett! He has taught us a lot in many different ways! Some things were harder to learn than others things!
We have LOVED the years of sports we have shared with Rhett, we already miss Williams Field Football and wrestling! It is funny when I look at Rhett right now, he reminds me of Tom at that same age! It is odd to think I started dating Tom when he was 17 years old! Who would of thought 33 years letter I would be looking at a mini Tom Scheurn!
We had a fun birthday dinner at Jami and Davids house! It was my dad's and Jack's birthday as well so we celebrated them all together!
Rhett we want you to know how much we love you and how thankful we are for you!! We are so happy for you as you embark on this new journey of your life! This experience will forever change your life! I know your Nanna and your great great grandma Frazini are so happy that you are going to serve the people in Italy!
Rhett you do have to promise your mom that when your two years are done and your Heavenly Father say "Well Done" that you will come home and stay! Since you will be speaking the "Love Language of the World" does not mean you have to go back and live in Italy! So do not get any bright ideas!
Rhett we love you dearly and on this 19th birthday I feel sure that Heavenly Father has sent you a gift that you will use forever! We know you will be an outstanding missionary and that you will loose your self in service!
We are so so happy for you and wish you the happiest birthday ever!
Rhett never forget how much your parents love you! We can't wait to pick you up in two years!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment