Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009 was a great and some what simply Christmas! We had fun as we shared our Christmas with Eric,our exchange student, and had a some what traditional Christmas!
We did not have a missionary in the field so we did not get the excitement of waiting for a call but... I could not help but to think about next Christmas when Rhett and Forrest will be on their missions! It is so exciting to think where they could possible go! For some reason my heart seems to think they will go to a foreign land some where. It really does not matter where they will go because where ever that is, it is where the Lord will need them most! And they will love their missions. I pray and know that where ever it is, that is where they should be! I look forward to the day these young men became a tool in the Lords hand!
We made a 22 pound prime rib roast for Christmas dinner and Blake made twice baked potatoes, Caesar salad and Erin made corn and brownies. The only thing that was missing was the Cowarts! It is always sad to me when all my kids are over and posey and her family are not here! I never feel complete unless she is here!
Moms and daughters have special bonds not to say that we sometimes have different views but you always know a daughter will be close to her mom! I love and miss my Posey! Thank Heaven for cell phones where we can talk when ever we want to!
Back to Christmas we did not put up a traditional tree do to the fact that we were moving back into our home on Gail and we could not bring one more box into our home because we had so many already! But we put some lights around the silk tree and for the first time in 32 years Santa came Christmas eve! It was so nice to go to bed at a some what normal time and not get up at five in the morning to open gifts!
pops and i got wii for the grand kids and we hope they enjoy them! Santa was good to walker, Rhett and Eric! And Tom and i got a new camera so we can take pictures at Rhett's wrestling matches!
I am so thankful for our Savior! He gets me through each and everyday! Everything I have that is good is from my Savior and Heavenly Father! And i mean everything from my family to my extended family,friends, home,food,cars, and one of my biggest blessings is my husband and the gospel.
I am thankful for the plan of Salvation, that we all can be exalted and we can all return to our Father in Heaven and live as Eternal families! I am very thankful to my Father in heaven for providing a Savior to come for us and live here and die here so we can return one day to live with our families for Eternities with our Father!
It is my prayer that we all have a great and happy new year and that we count our blessings and name them one by one! and if we try to do this we will find happiness through out the new year!
Love,Tamy

No comments:

Post a Comment