Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Next Please!!

Tom and I come home from a fun week at the beach to our air conditioning NOT working!! We have three units in our house but of course the one that has gone out is the one on our side of the house with our bedroom!! So that includes Rhett's room as well and the play room!! We were suppose to have a new unit put in about a month and a half ago but the guy that was to fix it did not show up and the anti-freeze he put in it seemed to be holding it pretty well! We have called several times and he keeps telling us he would get to it! NOW he says it will be two and a half weeks before he can come! Well we know that will not work so mean while we have called four or five other companies and they are not much help either!!So that has been since Saturday! My chap stick on my night stand even melted! Then starting Sunday the pump and the electrical all went out on the well that provides water to our house and all the neighbors houses, that we share the well with!! So we have had very little water!! Pug as been using one of his big water trucks to get water out of the fire hydrant and filling the well up so we can have a short shower and the toilets to flush and other than that not much else! Then on Monday...I went to the doctor for a infusion and I thought I was going to die!! The drug that Dr. Swarup used is one I have been on for along time for my Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens Syndrome! It is Remicade and although I was off of it for a year and a half or so....Due to some unfavorable lab work...I was told that I needed to start back on it!! The regiment starts with it every two weeks for six weeks and then it goes to every 3 weeks and then to four weeks ect...! So I had my first treatment the week before California. Other than the standard fatigue and nausea and muscle and joint pain for a few days I seemed to do well with the first round!! So this Monday my appointment was scheduled for ten and I was to be done around twelve thirty! My port was accessed and I was given the pre-medications so you do not have a reaction! The steroids and benadryl and zofran. I have never had any problems before other than some severe hives in the middle of the night only one time quite a long time ago! As I sat and read....about a hour into the infusion,I felt somewhat sick to my stomach which is not unlike me. The nurse monitors you very close as the medication is given while there! Tina had just done vitals on me and all was well when...maybe five minutes passed and I seemed to not feel so good. I kept thinking....Oh this is just anxiety and I just need to relax and take a deep breath or two! I quickly realized I could not get a good breath and I felt like my head was going to blow off!! I put the recliner down and was trying to get up but was so weak and unable to get up... and the two nurses were in their office! I remember thinking...HELP! About that time the lady sitting next to me called for Tina....I knew something was seriously wrong!! Tina and Barbara came in a hurry and called for more help! All I remember was people moving very fast! Drawers and cupboards flying open and many people around me hanging different things on my I.V. pole....taking vitals and hearing them say SHE IS HAVING A REACTION....STOP THE MEDICATION!! They all kept saying you are going to be fine BUT....I was not sure if that was true!! I just kept saying...I CAN'T BREATH!!! I have had a lot of health scares but none that scared me like that!! After about twenty minutes or so I started to come back around! I was breathing much better but all I could think about was that I needed to get into the bathroom because I was just wretching so hard!! They finally got me up to the bathroom and when I saw my self in the mirror I thought I was going to faint! I was SO RED head to toe....Even the whites of my eyes were red!! The nurses kept reassuring me I was going to be fine but...I still was not sure!! I still felt like I was going to explode from the heat I felt in my head! The zofran began to kick in as well and things were somewhat settled by then! BUT let me make this clear I thought I was dying for that thirty minutes or so!! Once I got back to my chair Tina told me they would start the Remicade back in a hour!! WHAT!! Not NO but HELL NO!! She reassured me that they would start much slower and that they would run it over a much longer period of time and they would be ready if I would have another reaction to it! I am not sure who was more scared me or the lady sitting next to me!! She kept telling me "you looked SO BAD"!!! "I was so scared"!! "I knew something was very wrong the first glance I saw of you"!!! She was scared!!! Tina seemed to think since I had never had that happen before that it would be fine and she would go slow! Tina said she had seen this kind of reaction before! Well if I could not breath before I felt sure I could not breath now due to anxiety!! The rest of the infusion went without any problems other than the medications they gave me knocked me out which was good and bad! Good for anxiety but bad because I had to drive my self home! I did not call anyone because I felt like I had worried enough for everyone that would of been involved!! Several hours later when I was done they had me stay longer and drink some seven up and eat some crackers and later on that afternoon I was able to drive home!! Actually I stopped by Posey's and she colored my hair!! Who would of ever know that all happened if I would not of spilt the beans today!! Tina said next time she would have me come very early and pre-medicate me more!! G-WEEZE....I can't wait!!! Yesterday I still felt not so good but.... I do feel like things are looking up though! I think that Tom got a hold of a reliable air conditioning man and the pump for the well should go in on Thursday or Friday!! Posey was sweet and brought me some new special hair products today.... What a treat....Who would not love that!! Tom brought a big fan home that is suppose to cool things down in our room! I also have had a little extra water to get some laundry done...Like the sweaty sheets and then some!! AND I got a email from Rhett!! So things are for sure looking up!! I really do have to look on the bright side of things!! ALL of our air conditioning units could be out and I could have NO water and no special hair treats from Posey and NO EMAIL due to zone conference and NO BREATH due to my infusion!! So all in all I feel much better about everything after blogging my thoughts and realizing things are not that bad!! This is nothing compared to so many!! But I do want this week to be DONE PLEASE!!!!
SIDE NOTE~~ It is now Friday and one of our hot water heaters went out on the opposite side of the house! So no cool air on the west side of house and no hot water on the east side of the house!! Who cares.... we sure do not need hot water in the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment