Sunday, June 3, 2012

Kenneth A. Ellsworth...He will be missed!!

A dear friend of ours received his "heavenly wings" today!
May 31, 2012
Tanya saying goodbye until we are together again!!
Ken is not just our friend, but he Tanya's father, Blake's father-in-law and our Gavin, Lucy, Ellie and Gage's grandfather! Ken has 19 other grandchildren along with four great grandchildren!
Ken and Noreen Ellsworth have been friends of ours prior to Blake and Tanya starting to date. We have know Ken for many years!  When I think of Ken, I think of a man of great integrity first and far most!! Ken only knew one way to conduct him self and that was always in an honorable way! This did not always make every happy but...you could depend on Ken to stand on the right side or should I say, the Lord's side always!!
As I was talking with Blake, he said Ken show great love for his family and many! Blake said sometimes it was a tough love but he always gave love and support to not just his family but many others! I witnessed this over the many years. I am thankful for the times Ken loved Blake even through times of struggles! Blake did not always appreciate Ken's love at the time....But the one thing I know for sure is that Blake loved and appreciated Ken, and I know Blake will miss his father-in-law! Ken has been a great strength and example to Tanya and Blake! He has been part of the glue in their family!
Ken, Noreen, Tom and I have a common thread woven into beautiful piece fabric! Our grandchildren! It is a huge blessing for me to know that Ken and Noreen are our grandchildren other set of grandparents! Gavin, Lucy, Ellie, and Gage spend much time at the Ellsworths home! What a blessing it has been to know that our grandchildren have been taught and loved by such a good honest loving grandfather! Ken taught his kids to work HARD and this is what he wanted his grand kids to learn as well! They helped Ken with chores and they all loved to go for a swim. They loved being outdoors with the fruit trees and farm animal!  Ken's grandchildren will miss their grandpa Ellsworth!! 
But the biggest blessing Ken taught all of his grandchildren was the GREAT LOVE he has for his Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ! Ken had a strong testimony of the plan of salvation. He taught this my his example of living a Christ like center life here in mortality. Ken served in many callings! He worked in the Temple for many years. Ken was there to serve where ever he could and any time he could! 
Ken passed away serving his neighbor who did not even ask for help at the time! Ken was in his yard when he was prompted to go check on neighbor. When he walked down the street he saw they needed help loading a bull in a trailer to take to the sell. In a very quick freak accident the bull turned on Ken, He received head trauma,  his mortal body could not endure! After one big surgery minutes after arriving at the hospital, Ken was taken off life support a day and a half later! It would just be  like Ken to wait to pass until he was surrounded by ALL of his children and sweet wife of fifty years!
Yesterday Gavin and Gage spent the day with me, we ran several errands and went to get new suits for the funeral. As I was driving on the freeway I had my iPod playing just a random play list. Gavin and I had been talking when the song "How Great Thou Art" came on! After a minute or so I noticed my car quiet... except for the music! As I looked over at Gavin he was just in a stare straight forward. I asked him if he was ok and with the stoic Ellsworth attitude he said, yes! I, knew he was very sad and thinking about Grandpa Ellsworth. I asked again, are you all right? Again he said, yes. I stretched my arm over to put it around his neck. Gavin just leaned into my arm. it is so amazing to me how sheer the veil is with young children. even Gage was quiet as the song played. Isaid to Gavin that I was sad too about grandpa Ellsworth.. Gavin continued his stoic smile. Gavin went on to tell me how much he loved grandpa Ellsworth and that he would miss him. I told Gavin how proud Grandpa Ellsworth was of him and that he would still be with Gavin in spirit. The music continued and the car was quiet when Gage who is three said..."Sad... Grandpa Ellsworth died", with a smile! I could not help but to think Ken was in the car with these sweet boys reassuring them, all was good and he loved them! As Gavin and I continued to talk, he put his head on my arm with his head down. I said to Gavin as he was trying so hard to be brave...Gavin it is ok to cry! As I looked at him I could see nickle size tear drops fall on his royal blue shirt! At this point I was crying! I hear a small voice in the back as little Gage said... Gavin, Grammy . it ok!! It is hard to write about such a sweet tender moment,  but what  know for sure, Ken was there as he always is telling these cute boys...it will all be ok and I LOVE YOU!

Ken until we meet again...We all will miss you and we love you!!!!
Especially these two cute boys!!  

June 7, 2012
We love you Grandpa Ellsworth!! We will see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment