Thursday, May 17, 2012

Our Brazilian Son!!!

Today was the day Eric P, Kentish Scheurn went back to Brasil!! We will miss him so very much! Eric was our exchange student Rhett and his senior year 09-10! We were so blessed to have Eric placed in our home! I see the Lord's hand in him being in our home! He really is part of our Family,,,I am sure....
FOREVER!!
Eric helped Tom with chores. It was so funny because he would wear Tom's boots and get the dog to feed horses and do what ever needed to be done! WITH a smile! He was such a great help to Tom!!!  Good job Cowboy!  
Love this picture of Eric on the way to the airport! While he was here he went to New York to visit another exchange student for a week! He had never been before! He loved it but said Gilbert AZ will always be his home! He said he could not wait to get back!! Tom's leather jacket looked pretty good on !!
A few weeks ago Eric went to the lake with Posey and his American cousins! Such a fun day!!! (Brogan and Forrest)
Eric and Forrest!! Some CUTE, FUN boys!
ALL of Eric's American nieces and nephews!! ALL of these kids ADORE Eric!!!!
The night before Eric left to go back to Brasil, kids from our Young Single Adult Ward and all the grand kids came to say goodbye and have ice cream! It was SO sad!!! Eric cried and the grand kids cried! Especially this little one, Gwen!! They all still cry and miss him!! Eric just come back NOW!!!
Eric is just such a tender sweet boy! How could we not just love him! Saying goodbye to Erin and.....STILL crying!!!
AND still crying the next morning saying bye to Walker!!!
This is a note I found from Eric when I got home!!
This morning as we were leaving Eric just would not stop saying...
TAMY SCHEURN I LOVE YOU AND I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!
He just would hug me and put his head in my neck like he was a little boy! I was trying to hold it together and he was not helping at all! I finally said...Eric, just stop!!! You will be back in Dencenber!! Pull it together before I loose it!!
As we were loading the car up to go to the airport and a few last minute things..I hear Eric say..."Goodbye house"! WOW just get in the car!!! I did not even get out of the driveway before the tears starting just flowing down my cheeks!! I just lost it!! So we both just cried for a few miles and then again...I told Eric.... you will be back and we need to stop all this crying! We went and had lunch at favorite Mexican food place that he loves and then I dropped him off at the airport! I have to say that when I got home I really missed him!! My house was so quiet! It was so sad!!
Eric said he will be here at our airport when Rhett gets off the plane from his mission! He sounded pretty confident! So we all will pray he will be back soon! We all miss "Kent" (eric) as Posey calls him!!
Eric we all love you more than you know! Can't wait for you to come back to your American family!
Your American mom loves you sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment