Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Hawaiian Son!! 2000~2002

Joe posted some pictures and I could not pass up the chance to blog them! I would give anything if I knew about blogging when Joe and Walker served there missions! Looking at these pictures brought back many wonderful memories! I remember when Joe left, I truly did not think I could make it for two years without him! Joe was the first to serve a mission in our families and I had no idea what to expect! My health was not the best and I struggled with depression and I felt by him leaving for two years this would just do me in!! I cried my self to sleep for about the first 3 or 4 months! 
The letters came and they just got better each time! We did not email back then and I would write quite often! I remember the first few letters I received from Elder Scheurn, I could hardly read his hand writing but with in a few months he handing writing was beautiful! Joe went on to serve a life changing wonderful 2 year mission! When I look at these pictures my heart is full of gratitude for him and the example he was and is to his brothers and entire extended family!! Walker has told me on many occasions....If Joe would not of served a mission....He would probably not served a mission. And I know if  Joe and Walker would not of served a mission....I know for sure Rhett would not be serving now!!
I am thankful for this pioneer in our family!
Mahalo Elder Scheurn!!
Not sure what is around Elder Scheurn's waist in this picture!!
Joe and Rhett have some of the same facial expressions!! They both are hams!! I will have to find some of Walkers pictures too because he has the same expressions as well! I think they all get it from their dad!!
We are thankful for life time friend we have from Joe's mission!!

The "karate kid"!
Joe and Erin have four little "Hawaiian" of their own now!
Poliahu, Kia, Ke'ela and Kapono!
(hope I spelled my grand kids names right)

No comments:

Post a Comment