Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July! Noble Warriors!




With it being Sunday the 4th of July today... When we got to church, there were very few people there! Tom was asked to sit on the stand due to the fact that our Bishop and first counselor were gone for the weekend, and Brother Tanner needed to have one other High priest sit with him to conduct.
It was fast Sunday, so with the few people that were there, people were a little slow to get up and share there testimonies. But there were several beautiful testimonies and a few that were a little... How do I say... a.... little hard to follow along! I sure some will understand what I am trying to say!
As Brother Tanner open the time for people to came and share their testimonies, He said to the congregation if no one comes up that he would invite people up to share their thought! Right as the time was almost gone, Brother Tanner went to the pulpit and said... "I would like to close this fast and testimony meeting by asking Rhett Scheurn to come up and share his testimony! Rhett was sitting on the bench in front of me so I could not see his face but... by the way he was sitting I knew Rhett was SOUND asleep! And... Rhett did not hear Brother Tanner! So everyone was looking at Rhett! I was just going to let Rhett sleep until he finally heard Brother Tanner but... I did not have the heart to do that to Rhett! So I quickly poked Rhett and told him that he was asked to share his thoughts! I have to say Rhett handled it well! He quickly went to the pulpit and said " I would like to thank Brother Tanner for calling me up and giving me an opportunity to share my testimony"! Rhett was trying not to laugh but everyone else was! It was hilarious! Rhett you did a awesome job, I love you always and forever! Your a CHAMP in my book!
It was now time to go to Sunday school and my CUTE, SWEET, FUN visiting teacher companion Maria Elena, who I have grown to LOVE, and has became a dear special friend, we were off to class! As we sat down in our Sunday school class, again we realized there were just a hand full of people in the room! So I said in a joking fun way "since there is just a few of us here, I think we should call it good and go get a slurpee and go home"! Well some JACK _ _ _ behind me says.... "if you want to go than leave"! REALLY did he just say that to me as I looked at Maria Elena!!!! By this time Tom had already left for an other ward to take care of some business. Thank goodness! Tom thinks I am a little to vocal at times! But as Maria Elena and I were sitting there just "stewing" over the JACK _ _ _ behind us we looked at each other and said, "we are out of here" and... we left!!
Out in the hall we were now faced with what are we going to do! We had many thoughts from Mexican food to going and finding a less active sister that we V.T. who we have tried to reach via email and texting several times with no success! So being the "Noble Warriors" we are.... And with Maria Elena serving her mission in Venezuela, and being an R.N. dealing with "Puffed Up Big Headed" surgeons all day long... nothing scares her.... We decided to do the noble thing and to try to go find and visit this sister we have been trying to get in touch with! We headed out on our quest!
We did find this sister's home. We knocked several times and did our very best to contact her, to see if she was okay, and see if she needed anything.... But she still was unavailable!
As we got back in the car it was quite hot and we pondered what would be the next best thing we could do on this fourth of July and fast Sunday! And it came to me LOUD and STRONG.... "SWIRL-IT"!!! Yes go get frozen yogurt! Maria Elena had never been there and I felt a strong prompting to take her!!!!
We were now off on a new quest! To go to SWIRL-IT! We had no problem finding it! Maria Elena was over whelmed! I showed her how to sample all the frozen yogurts! She was amazed at the happy spirit we felt at SWIRL-IT! It was FANTASTIC!!! After we made our yogurts we sat on the sofa and had our Sunday school class right at SWIRL-IT! It was nice and quiet and we had the opportunity to share many different lives experiences with each other!
I am THRILLED and THANKFUL, to have Maria Elena as my new V.T. companion! I look forward to many more SWIRL-IT adventures so we can just sit on the sofa and try new flavors of yogurt, and discuss many more of lives spiritual moments we have had! Maria Elena thanks for putting up with me! I LOVE you!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment