Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tag, You Are Frozen!
























It was a beautiful day Saturday and Joe and Erin had been at the "Aloha Festival" for a good part of the day with Emma, Noah, and Gwen. I will say that this little Ohana (means family in Hawaiian) fits right in at the festival, seeing that Joe served his mission in Hawaii. Also Joe's and Erin's kids have those odd Hawaiian middle names. I am sure that I will not spell them right but... I will give it a try!
Emma Poliahu is 5 years old but sometimes I think she is 25! She is the helper. If there is a baby in the room,Emma will want to hold and take care of the baby before playing with the other kids. Emma P as we call her, loves gymnastic and sports ,she can drive me crazy sometime making me watch her do cartwheels! Emma LOVES to have Gavin and Lucy spend the night or she LOVES to spend the night at Gavin and Lucy's any chance she can talk her mom into it! But... I think her favorite love is girly things. High heel, jewelry, and makeup! She does not leave home with out it!

Noah Kai is 3 and is full of energy! He loves his sport class and can ride his bike without training wheels. Noah loves to read and can read some of the books his mom and dad read to him at night. He loves to fish with his dad and do guy things! One thing about Noah I come to learn is I think he gets the most time outs of all my grand kids! So Sad,Two minutes or Three Minutes!!! I am not sure if it is always his fault but he is a good sport and takes one for the team anyway! But...I think the two most favorite things Noah likes to do is, wrestle with Uncle Walker and Uncle Rhett and his dad, and irritate his sisters!
Gwyneth Ke'ela is one and a half. AKA "Gangster Gwen or Lil Tam"! Aunt Stacy gave her these names because of her dark hair and dark eyes and she may be tiny but she is MIGHTY! Aunt Stacy thinks she looks just like Grammy did when I was a little girl! I have to admit she really does! Gwenie does every thing she can to keep up with the big kids! She loves to come to Pops and Grammies to play with Boone,(the dog) and if anyone loves to wrestle and be teased by Uncle Walker and Uncle Rhett it is Gwenie! I know Gwen holds an extra soft spot in her uncle Walkers heart! Gwen is the only person in her ward that likes High Counsel Sundays because Pops sits on the stand during church and all through sacrament she points to him and says loudly "POPS"!!! She LOVES her Pops!
Back to Tag, you are frozen! Emma, Noah, Gwen, the neighbor kids, Erin, Joe, Rhett, Walker played freeze tag on the front lawn Saturday! I really do not know who had more fun the adults or the kids! When Pops pulled in from work he ran in and changed to come and play too! Seriously I had to tell the adults to be careful because it got pretty competitive! The weather was beautiful and they all played for a good long while! They took turns being the person that tags you and freezes you. It was so funny watching and listening them play! One would get frozen and they would stand there yelling "hurry come unfreeze me"! The little kids were really good to sneak up and unfreeze who ever was frozen! If I had to pick a champion Freeze Tag Player it would be Rhett! He never seemed to even get winded! He also was the fastest on his feet and could duck and dive when he needed to! Noah and Rhett was the Championship team I think, They seemed to work the best together! I think Erin was frozen most of the time! She needs to rehab her knee a little more and try again!!!
The whole time I watched them play I was just wishing that all ten of our grandchildren could of been there to all play together! Now that would of been the BEST Freeze Tag Game Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment