Sunday, March 21, 2010

Friday Night Softball!


Joe and Erin play coed softball on Friday nights but.... This last Friday night Joe was out of town fishing with Pops and Walker! So this meant Joe had to get a substitute to play for him and who did he ask to play for him...... Yes, RHETT!!!!
As a mom I hate to say that Rhett is not the best softball player but , he was a good sport and was happy to take a few for the team!
Erin got a sitter for the kids and Eric,Rhett, Erin and I were off to the game! Knowing what I know about Rhett's softball ability... I was more stressed than I would be if I was at one of Rhett's wrestling matches or a football game!
Rhett played in Joe spot, center field and the first fly ball that was hit to Rhett, yes he missed it and the ball went over Rhett's head and far behind him! Erin had told him what ever you do, just do not let the ball get behind you! And It did! WOW!!!
I will tell you after that he did not let a ball get behind him again."Whoof'
I do have to say that Rhett has an arm on him so that was good ,since he was playing center!
OK, now the batting!!!! Not so good! Rhett did get on base but not by hitting the ball so far, it was because seriously Rhett is BLAZING fast! He is like his dad when It comes to speed!
We did win the game and I told Rhett he was the MVP!
We later explained to Rhett that he was the MVP because if he would of not showed up, they might not of been able to play there their game do to the fact that they would of not had a full team! Thanks Rhett for showing up and being a "warm body",!
Rhett don't ever forget that you will always be my, MVP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment