Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012!!

I know my Heavenly Father and by older brother and Savior Jesus Christ LIVES!

Tom and I went to the Easter Pageant with our Young Single Adult ward Monday night! I had not been for the last 4 or 5 years. I was thankful I took the time to go!
 As I watched one of the sweetest scenes in the pageant where Mary sings to her baby...one of my favorite songs...."Mary's Lullaby", the tears began to flow. In this song it says speaking of baby Jesus...
"for tonight you are mine".
As your children grow up you never stop worrying, Some of the trials seem bigger and I feel sure they are! There are times where I think I wish they were "all mine" again"! The fact of the matter is they have never been "been all mine".They all are HIS!  I wish I could go back and do things much differently! I wish I was raised in the gospel. I wish I had more knowledge of HIS plan when my kids were little!
Heavenly Father sent them to me to love and nurture and do my best to raise them. I  I am Eternally thankful for this gift.
I know I have made SO many mistakes and I still do! This is why I am so very grateful to my Father in Heaven who sent his Son, to Mary while on this earth who suffered, and bled...for me, and ALL of us. I have faith and hope that my Savior will make up the difference for me, while raising my children and now!
I am so thankful for Heavenly Fathers's plan....I am not sure how my life would be with out it! I just know it would not be a good!
My pray is that each of my grandchildren will have a testimony! I pray they all have a close relationship with their Father in Heaven, that they will talk with him often through out the day! I pray each one of these children will learn and be thankful for what their Savior has done for each of them!
I pray that these beautiful kids will always have hope and FAITH in HIS plan!
At the end of our Easter evening we all sat down and read a book I gave each family called..."The Easter Walk". It was a great book! The kids were quiet as they listened to their parents took turns reading!
When we were done reading...our quiet time turned into an opportunity to share our testimonies with one another! I will not go in to details....All I can say is...It was oh so tender!!
When we were done and we had a closing prayer, I headed to the kitchen to start on desserts and Emma came and put her arms around me and pulled my face to her face....and with tears in her eyes she said...."Grandma I want to tell you I love Jesus and I love my mom and dad and I am going to always try to be good"! The gratitude I felt in that moment was overwhelming!
I want each one of my children and their spouse, and all my grand children to know how much I love them! I am so not perfect! I am definitely a work in progress!
For this reason....
I am so GRATEFUL for my Savior Jesus Christ!          
YES....COUNT THEM ..... ELEVEN!!! I feel sure I have just about the cutest grand kids ever! Each with their own personalities!!! When I look at this pictures it is hard for me to believe that this is where Tom and I are, in our life!! Time has gone so fast! This earthly mortal part of our life's... is truly such a short time of our Eternal life!!   
Tom had his favorite Italia shirt on in honor of Rhett!!  Just think the next Easter dinner we have Rhett will be home! Last year at Easter I was a bit sad thinking I still had one more Easter to come before Rhett comes home from Italy. We are all for Rhett to be home excited!! 
We had a yummy dinner! Tanya  made her FAMOUS homemade rolls!!  Joe made his FAMOUS mashed potatoes!! Posey made her FAMOUS southern style "Mac and Cheese!! We also had fish, Tom, Joe and Walker caught in Mexico last weekend!  We threw some steaks on the grill with the fish,and since it is Easter we always have to have a ham from the "Honey Baked" ham store! Add a Cesar salad and asparagus and several desserts and... WE all could say it was "DELISH!"!!
Just a smidge crazy at this point!!!
Hope everyone had a great Easter....
We sure did!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment