Saturday, March 24, 2012

God Be With My Angel.....

TWO CUTE SWEET LOVING WOMEN!!! Lois Bridges on the left Genell's mother-in-law and Genell's mother fron New Jersey Nanna Smith or Miss Smith!!
This was such a hard day for both as you could only imagine! Lois's husband and two sons,,,one being Genell's husband all passed away in less the five years. Genell was an only child
But they both showed such courage and strength! I really love then both!!!
Tom in the dark glasses!
Pall Bearers, Tom on right.
Genell loved purple and red!!
Raymond, Nichelle, Leigh, and Langdon! I LOVE all these kids!!
From Left, Raymond Genell's foster son Nichelle, Leigh and Sara,(they are expecting their first baby in November)! Heather and Langdon!
Heather and Langdon...SWEETHEARTS!!!
Heather saving flowers to dry!
Sweet Heather! Langdon's wife! Love her!!!!

 Genell;s earthly body was peacefully laid to rest today.
I will miss this precious, sweet, earthly angel so much!
Genell's children asked me to speak at her funeral. It was an honor to be asked...but I was so very worried for a few reasons.
I worried I would not get through a talk without a complete break down... I worried I would not give Genell the justice she would of deserved, in expressing the love she had for every one she knew and especially her family....But most of all, I could not find any words in this world to to share with, Everyone...The love, faith, long suffering, peace, joy, service, and endurance Genell always has had, in her self, and for everyone else!! Genell was the voice for many, who no one else would listen to! I also could not find the words to explain to everyone that Genell TRULY has CHARITY and the pure love of Christ for everyone!! I have not witness this in but only a few people I know! I never heard Genell speak ugly about anyone! But the MOST important thought I wanted to share with everyone was.... the LOVE she has for her Savior Jesus Christ,... her Heavenly Father! Through out this past 16 years I have know Genell...just about ever time we spoke she shared her CRYSTAL CLEAR, UNSHAKABLE testimony with me!! Genell love the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! She LOVED the plan of salvation! And she was a perfect example of the Gospel and...Charity the pure love of Christ!!! I know she is a special daughter of God and he LOVES her but....SHE LOVES HIM!!!!
On Friday night when Tom and I got home from the viewing, I told him he would have to read my talk for me the next day at the funeral because I just knew I would not be able to do this my self.! He asked me if he could give me a blessing and I said yes! It was a beautiful blessing I knew in that moment the Heavenly Father would pick up any slack for me....and it was confirmed to me That Genell  wanted me to speak and I would be able to go forth with the kids desire of me speaking! It was very powerful blessing for me!!
As I study my scriptures with different topics in mine, I was brought back to the say five or six scriptures every time! I am a little slow.... but I finally realized that The Lord and Genell was steering me to theses same  scriptures for a reason! Rhett had told me to read chapter 7 in Moroni. This chapter helped calm the Huge Winds that Satan was throwing at me! As Rhett has said Satan can throw some strong winds but if we are on a solid rock there is no need to worry!!!!
These are some of the scriptures that kept coming to me.....
In Moroni 7:47 it reads....
But Charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endurtheth forever: and whoso ever is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with Him!! Genell Endure to the end with ELEGANT GRACE!!!
1 Nephi 13:37 It reads....
And Blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my ZION at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost, and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the lamb, and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be!!!! I can just see Genell on the mountain high!!!!
Corinthians 13:13 it reads....
And now Aidedeth, Faith, hope, charity, these three : but the greatest of these is charity. I know no one else that has more charity then this sweet girl friend and sister Genell! GENELL"S FAITH IS HUGE!!!!
In Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness,faith. Genell is a great example of these scriptures she IS amazing!!
These scriptures helped to bring me PEACE!! Thank you Rhett for sharing Moroni 7 for me to read, it gave me strength!!
Genell was such a wonderful women and dear sister to me! She suffered and endure so much more than anyone I know! But the truly amazing thing about it was.....SHE WAS HAPPY... AND ALWAYS FOUND JOY....NO MATTER!!!!!!!!
Genell did everything her Heavenly Father asked of her! Her little hands woke up ever morning serving and they did not stop until she was a sleep....Even when she was sick!!! She was a PERFECT example to her family, friends and everyone she came in contact with!!!
It was a blessing that Genell wore a beautiful temple dress that I had made several years ago. I had hand stitched some pearls around the neckline and it was one of my favorites! The night before I was to take all of clothing down to the Mortuary...I was double checking everything to make sure there were no spots on the dress and it was pressed, along with her temple clothing being pressed! I realized at 9:00 pm I forgot a slip! Tom heard me crying in my closet and came in and he asked what was wrong??? I explained to him and he said he would run up to Walmart and get one! I was sitting quietly when I hear....."Just cut the bottom off of one of yours"! Not sure if I had just heard Genell say this to me or.... if I thought it.... but either way I knew that is what she would of told me to do and.... I  feel pretty sure I heard her! I looked  Tom  told him Genell said it would be ok to just wear one of mine! You should of see the look he gave me!! I calmly just said..."DON"T ASK!!!!
Genell is someone I want to be like! I will miss her so much! I have already caught my self thinking.... "oh I have to call Genell and tell her.....I then I rememeber she is home with her Heavenly Father.
It will be a glorious when I see Genell again!! I can see her standing there....A perfect "Page Boy"!  We will hug forever, we will laugh....neither of us will be able to get a word in edge wise, we both will be talking so much!!!! It will be  a GRAND reunion when that day comes and we are together again!
I can only imagine how proud Genell is of her three children!! Genell LOVES each one of them so very much!!  Motherhood was by far Genell's favorite calling!! Genell was a wonderful mother! Leigh gave an eloquent tribute to his mother at her service...I know she was so very proud! Nichelle gave the family prayer with a grace and LOVE...just like her mother would of done. I know each of her children will feel her presents as they continue there earthly life! Genell loved Sara and Heather! She knew her sons were blessed with great wife's....and the love she has for her grand children...there are no words for!! Langdon spoke as well at his mother's funeral it was a lovely tribute...again I can say their mother in each child! You can see Genell's  SWEET spirit in each one of her kids! Genell was a great example to her children... I can see this in Leigh, Langdon and Nichelle!
Langdon asked Tom to dedicate his mother's grave....  Tom said he would to happy and would feel honored to use is priesthood in this way for Genell ..... But Tom also knew that Genell  would want Langdon to use his priesthood  and dedicate his mother's grave! With FAITH...Langdon performed this sacred ordinance. The blessing was beautiful...I knew in that moment how proud Genell was of Langdon.  
I miss Genell.... But I have found some peace and comfort  I need  in the scriptures! It is still hard!
I could go on for ever about Genell but there is something so tender to me that Leigh shared with me.....  Leigh said.... "my mom taught me how to love"!!!  
In my talk I explained there are 3 types of love!
* I will love you IF... examples...IF you are pretty, IF you will go to the store with me, IF you you are not an addict..
*2 I will love you because...Because you are pretty, Because you are thin, I will love you because you gave me a gift..
*3 This love is called Charity the pure love of Christ
~~~I love you even tho you are not perfect, I love you even tho you did not get a good grade, I love you even tho you made a bad choice,,,,,,
This is how our Heavenly Father and Christ loves us....This is not easy to do!! Genell loved this way..Like HIM!!!  
Genell had conquered CHARITY, FAITH, PEACE, JOY, GOODNESS, HOPE LOVE and LONG-SUFFERING and most of all ENDURANCE!!! Genell would often tell me....we are both "Enlisted" "HAPPY ARE WE"!!!!! I did not always like to hear this!!!! :) Genell is right ...We all are "enlisted" and "happy are we"! This is something I will try and work on thanks to Genell.
Genell my PRECIOUS Heavenly Angel, I will miss you more than you know!!!!!! Until we meet again I will continue to try to be more like you, and my Heavenly Father and my older brother Jesus Christ!! I will do my best but I feel sure I will not completely learn Charity the Pure Love of Christ until we are together again and you can tutor me some more!!! In the mean time I will work on it!!!
Until we meet again...God be with my sweet eternal sister
I love you and miss you and will watch over your kids as you have asked me to!!
Thank you for all you given to many..... and me....... so freely!!!
I LOVE YOU FOEVER

No comments:

Post a Comment