Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011!




Christmas 2011.....Where do I start!
I should start with I am thankful!
First and far most I thankful for why we celebrate Christmas! Without Christ birth and His Resurrection none of us would have eternal life! How thankful I am for this gift! The biggest gift we all can enjoy! Christ is the central most important person in our Heavenly Father's plan! So to just say I am thankful does not sound sufficient! I guess you could multiply that by eternity and maybe that would explain my thankfulness a little better!!
As hard as it can be to get the whole family together....I was so thankful to have all of my family here in our home for dinner with the exception of Rhett! But I felt like he was here anyways with us! Being part of a big family there will always be ups and downs.  I once read where President Hinckley said, the best part of a family dinner and get together is seeing the tail lights of the car and waving goodbye! I think this is somewhat true!! It is always a little stressful!! But I would not change anything!!
Tom and I received many lovely things from our children and friends and we thank you all!! Lots of fun yummy treats and the list goes on! But I have to say at the end of the day as Tom and I reflected back on the day....We would have to say what we will remember most from Christmas 2011 is Rhett sharing his testimony with us in Italian!! The spirit we felt, as it was just Tom and I in the room with the door closed listening to Rhett speak in Italian and express his heart to us....will be something we will never forget!!! We understood few words but....We completely understood Rhett's heart, his love for us, his love for his Heavenly Father, his love for his Savior, and his love for the people in Italy and their country in which he lives.... and forever will part of him!
Rhett said in his letter home today.....


    "I love my family so much! There is nothing in this world that I would trade for them! They really keep me going! I know that when the family is united, there is noting that can stop them! Nothing! Satin will try to do all that he can but, I know that through this gospel and the teachings of Christ, that families will be blessed.  I love you all so much and am so thankful for the opportunity I had to speak to you all! Thanks for all that you do for me! I pray for you all constantly! I am thankful for everything, for all the support that you guys give to me!! It was good to see everyone's faces! To hear everyone's voices! But anyway I don't know if it a bad thing or a good thing but you know, after I hung up the phone with you all, it was crazy I wasn't sad at all! I was happy! Happy in the fact that you all are doing so great and the fact that you all support me! I think it is because I realized a lot more on why I am here and my purpose of serving a mission! It truly is to bring the world or Italy, the truth of Jesus Christ our Savior"!


What more could Tom and I ask for! We have been blessed with FIVE beautiful children! We are so thankful for each one of them!!
We set our alarms for 3:00am to wait for Rhett's skpe call! Joe and Erin woke their four children up at 3:00 am to come and speak to Rhett! I tried to explain to Joe there was no need to wake his whole family up to come in the middle of the night not to mention Christmas morning with Santa presents, we weren't sure what time Rhett would call! He said it could be between 3 and 4! But sure enough Joe, Erin and their kids came! Joe explained to me how important it was for his kids to be there to talk to Rhett! He said....Mom, my kids love their Uncle Rhett and pray for him in EVERY prayer and miss him!! Joe and Erin wanted their kids to see how happy Rhett is! Joe said they would always remember this Christmas talking with their Uncle Rhett in Italy! When I thought about it....I realized that those kids will probably never remember what they got for Christmas this year but they will remember, loading up and bundling up to come to Grammy's and Pops house to wait for their Uncle Rhett to call them on Christmas!! The one bummer of it was....Rhett did not call until 9:30ish!!!! But they were not about to leave!! Blake came at 3:00 am as well but had to go about 6:00 am, and Posey and Walker were the lucky ones! Three of Rhett's friends came at 3:00am as well and ended up having to leave, but two of them did get to come back and talk! Rhett's cousin from Phoenix, Forrest was able to get to Gilbert in time to talk as well! It was so cute...You could just feel the love these two boys have for one another as they each hugged the monitor!! SO PRECIOUS!!!! These two cousins have a very special bond!!! One they will forever have!!! This Christmas will be one we all will remember! One Tom I will forever be THANKFUL for in so many ways!!

No comments:

Post a Comment