Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Costco Christmas Ribbon!!!

I was so excited when I stopped by Costco and saw their Christmas ribbon was out! I know it sounds odd that I would be so excited but I am telling you when I saw it I had to excuse my self for a moment and go do a back flip....Well not a full back flip! But you might wonder why I was so excited! I do love the spirit of Christmas! I love to reflect on the Savior and his birth! I love the cooler weather! I love the Temple Christmas lights! You can crack out the "white vanilla hot chocolate"! I love that I can stock up on ribbon for the year from Costco! I buy ribbon that I can use all year round instead of just Christmas colors!! So I was so happy to see the ribbon out already!! BUT...I have to tell you the real reason why I was so excited to see the Christmas things out! Last year at Christmas Rhett left for the Mission Training Center, ten days before Christmas! I remember thinking I just want Christmas to be here again so Rhett will of served a year and he will of reach his one year mark, his half way mark, or should I say his "hump day"! Then I could start the "count down" That seemed so far away! I am so excited for Christmas to be here so we can talk with Rhett on the phone! We were only able to talk with him a short time at Mothers Day! Since he was in the MTC at Christmas time last year, we were unable to speak to him at all last Christmas! So I know I am being overly excited but I am just saying, I can't wait for Christmas!! I think we will be able to skpe with him and Tom has promised me he would connect his computer to the big screen so we all can be there and have a great Christmas visit! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
So stock up on your Christmas ribbon before they are out of the good colors! For all of you that have a missionary in the field....HOLD ON!! Christmas is on its way!!!
I do have to say I would not change anything! It is such a blessing to have a son or daughter serve a mission! No matter how tough things are for the missionary or the family at home, the blessings come in many different ways! In ways you do not or, will not ever even realize!! Tom and I are so thankful for Rhett...For his desire to serve his Heavenly Father. We are also so thankful for his enthusiastic, happy, loving spirit he has for his mission, his companions and the people of Italia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment