Monday, August 22, 2011

Birthdays!





Anyone that knows me well, knows.....I HATE MY BIRTHDAY!!!
If is was not for Tom reminding me about my birthday I would not think twice about it nor
would I know what day it would fall on!! My little sister Nena is the only birthday present that I have ever wanted and, that was important to me!! Nena was born on my 9th birthday!! Happy Birthday my little sister! I love you!
We also had another birthday in our family this month and that was Emma Poliahu Scheurn! Emma's Birthday is the 16th of August! She had a swim party at Granny and Pop's house on Saturday!! AND in the words of Emma it was FANTASTIC!!
I had a very nice birthday on Sunday! Tom and I went to church as usual with the exception that Tom announced in out Young Single Adult Ward that it was my birthday! I thought for sure I would not speak to him again!! During Relief Society....They said there were two birthdays that they wanted to say Happy Birthday to! Sister Scheurn and....President Thomas S. Monson...The Prophet of our church, and I share the same birthday!! Who else better to share your birthday with other than your baby sister and the President of our church!
We had a linger longer after church and we had a really fun time!
Joe made a great birthday dinner for me! He made chicken rolled tacos and tostados, homemade salsa and guacamole! It was delicious!! Walker and Melanie made my birthday
cake....It was a upside down German Chocolate cake and it was SO YUMMY!!! We had a hula hoop contest at Joe and Erin's and Emma won hands down!! I came home to some very special treats at my front door to top the day off!!
I hate birthdays but...If I had to rate this birthday on a 1 to 10 it was a 10! Tom and I top the night off with a box of chocolate dipped strawberries he got me, that were out of this world!! Thanks to all of my kids and grand kids and friends for all you did and all of the wishes and gifts!!
Love,
Tamy

No comments:

Post a Comment