Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Much Needed Rest and Vacation Aloha....Mahalo!!!

San Tan Hyundai is one of the top Hyundai dealerships in Arizona and since Tom is the General Manager we get treated to some fun get-aways! Hyundai treated Tom and I to a fantastic trip to the big island of Hawaii! We are staying on the Kona side about thirty minutes away from Kona! It has been perfect weather and we have had a great relaxing time! This is one of the islands that Tom and I went to on our honeymoon over 34 years ago. We came back to this island on our 25th wedding anniversary when we picked Joe up from his mission!! Joe served on the Hilo side of this island for about the first six months of his mission and then returned about the last four months of his mission! I think this is Joe's favorite island out of the four he served on for two years!! We all love the "Big Island"! It was interesting we met a very nice couple who own several car dealerships in Utah and their son served his mission here as well!! We always say "it is a small world" but I read once in the paper that the world is really huge but, "The Lord just makes it small"!
The Orchids everywhere were just thick and beautiful!!
We had a small Luau on the beach the first night!!
We had several different views from our balcony of our room that were breath taking!!
We had a Koi pond right out side our room, and there were several through the Hotel!! This one was where we ate breakfast every morning!!
Some more beautiful views from our room!!

This is the Koi pond just directly below our balcony! The sound of the water falls were so relaxing!!!
Tom and I ate dinner on the beach the second night and it was "Delish"! We then took a walk on the beach!


I think I must have been thinking....I never want to go home EVER!!!
Why does fruit ALWAYS taste better in Hawaii???
Early Wednesday morning we got up about 6:00 am and we went to our favorite spot!

I LOVED all of our flower arrangements!! They do not even look real!!!!
Tom on our balcony in "ONE" of the four new golf outfits he treated himself to!! I told him that "I hoped he could back those outfits up with his golf skills"! Not sure if he was honest!!
This was a four inch dragon fly that was on the wall of our hotel!!
Tom surprised me and signed me up for a very special..."Kona Coffee Sugar Scrub", pedicure and manicure! It felt like Heaven and the smell was even better! A hint of of coffee with lots of cream ans sugar!! It was wonderful!
We only have a few days left but this has been just what the doctor ordered for both Tom and I!!! It has been a time to just enjoy one other and try to not think about the world and what is going on EVERYWHERE!! We will come back to reality on Saturday but until then.....
Aloha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment