Friday, February 19, 2010

A Beautiful Fun Day With Walker!

Walker had to drive to Sierra Vista today for a dealer trade for work! I had told Walker I would go with him, and I think he thought I was not serious! So he left for work at 6:30 am and went and got the car plated and gassed up and I rode with Tom to work and met Walker!
What a great day it was!As we hopped on the freeway to head south for a three hour drive we had the music on. we set the radio for the stations we liked and started singing.But... before long we were in some of life's long talks!
It is so amazing how much you can learn from your kids if you will but only listen! As I have struggled in the past few months with faith and my testimony, Walker had so many answer that I needed to hear and I am sure that he did not even realize how much he was helping me! He has no idea that I have been having these trials but... as he talked about his mission, dating, church, family he seemed to know just what to say!
Walker talked about his interview that he just had had with president Pugmire. Walker told me that the interview was a true heart to heart conversation! Pug told Walker how important the temple is and how to prepare your self for the temple , witch he has heard many times I am sure! Walker went on to explain to me, what helps him prepare to learn and to feel the spirit at church! Walker asked me if I was distracted when I go church. As I thought about that I was really sad to have to admit to him that I am very distracted! He asked me what I was thinking about and I explained to him what it was that was distracting me! He asked me was it the church or was it me that was keeping me from getting my spiritual boost for the week! It sadden me to think that it is me no one else but me! Walker asked me if I was scared to die, and I thought what does that have to do with anything that is going on with me! He told me that when he was on his mission that so many people and some people he has talked to since he has been home struggle with death because they fear the grand reunion,because they felt as if they were not spiritually ready! This is scary to say but I do not fear death! But Walker said that is a good thing! It made me start to think about many things! maybe I should fear death!
We talked for the whole ride down there and we stopped in Tucson and had lunch together and continued our talk and singing all the way home!
I have been blessed more than I could ever imagine! I know without doubt that I have to try harder to be a more positive person and a better example to my family and those I come in contact with! Walker shared so many other things that are to personal to blog about but I can say.... I am so thankful for the day that I got to share with such a wise spiritual son and I am so very thankful for Walker, for the love and respect he shows me!
WALKER, I ADORE YOU!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment