Friday, April 15, 2011

My Italian and Brazilian Sons!!!





I am so thankful for my Italian son and my Brazilian son!

I love getting letters from these boys and hear the joy that comes from them! They both are working so hard in different ways!

Eric sent us an email a few days ago, it read...

Tamy scheeeeeeeeeeurrrnnn AND Thom Scheurn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Brazil it's alright, I really missed you guys!I was doing a video about my days here in Brazil .. but I lost it because the laptop burned the board.other day I talked to joe scheurn, and IvanI told Ivan to send a big kiss to all the scheurn!did he told you?you guys do not measure how I miss the Scheurn family the best family!! 100% FAMILY CAN BE TOGETHER AND FOREVER gave a ride other day to the missionaries I will send some photos from my trip for you!aaaaaaaaaaaaaa almost forgot!I've marked the day of my interview to get visa to visit you guysmost will take a while yet = [very saaaaaaaaaaaaaaadHow are you? your knee is better?and Thom, how is he?how's it working in hyundai san-tan? hahahaWalker is working on at the police department still ? I'm working on events for children .. just to get some money. College beem this hard! but I'm getting better!I'm not dating the girl anymore .. she is not the beest! Send me news!I miss you guys soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhh!with love Brazilian son eric kentish "kensack"the beesst! 100%

(We got to get him back here because his English is "not the best" as Eric says!)

We miss this kid SO much we can hardly stand it! Who would of thought that an exchange student could became such a part of our family! He always tells me never take my picture off your blog, I will always be your son forever! It is so hard to get emails from him when he tells....I may be in Brazil but I left my heart and love with my American mom and dad! I love when he tells me he calls his family together like Tom taught him and prays with them! He says "I pray for my Brazilian family in Portuguese and pray for my American family in English! Eric is in the process of trying to get a visa to come back and live with us! We are praying he will be able to get it! He has been trying for quite sometime and he is still working on it!! He has met with the missionary several times but... His parents will not let him get baptized! So until he can get out here his hands are tied!!! Eric keep working on it we are pulling from this side! We will continue to pray for you!.... And yes you will always be part of our family forever!

Now my Italian son! After only six weeks with his trainer... Rhett's mission President called him a week before transfers and told Rhett that he was transferring his companion / trainer to another area! I know Rhett was completely stressed over this seeing that his companion felt very sure he nor Rhett would be transferred! His trainer and Rhett were brand new to the area! Anziano Anderson... Rhett's trainer said that normally he would always stays in an area for several months at a time so he told Rhett he did not see either of them going anywhere!

Rhett LOVED Anziano Anderson and it has been great fun emailing and talking on the phone with Anziano Anderson's mama!! They are from Lubbock Texas. Rhett was his first American companion in a year! It was so fun because I always felt like I got two letters on Wednesday because Anziano Anderson's mom would always send his letters to me as well! I will miss this so much!!

This is what Anziano Anderson share in his letter that he sent to his mama.....

I know Anziano Scheurn will do a great job. Hes actually getting an older Italian companion. So he is a little worried about the whole communication part, but at least he'll learn Italian very good this way.

This week has been alot of fun. Anziano Scheurn and I have just been having way too much fun. Laughing alot. Yesterday was pretty funny too. We were just walking through like a trailer home area and this little wiener dog just kept barking at us. He was cute but really annoying. Well after awhile I just hear Anziano Scheurn scream in anger at the little wiener dog who had actually bit him. He wants to tell everyone it was a pit bull or a big dog, but nope it was a little wiener dog. haha. He ripped a huge whole in his pants too. Anziano Scheurn was screaming at the little dog. It was hilarious to watch the whole thing. Anziano Scheurn was screaming... "You are a....really dumb dog!!"

I'm going to really miss Anziano Scheurn too. Hes a really good kid and will have alot of success. We had a really good lesson last night that really made me think. We did a really cool lesson on the atonement. I had a jar of Jelly Beans that my mom sent to me and I told the family to start eating them. The dad took one and ate it, then Anziano Scheurn got on the ground and started doing Push-ups. 10. Than the wife ate one 10 more. And it just went like that until they finally realized what was happening. Then they didn't want to eat more because they noticed how Anziano Scheurn was sweating and wasn't enjoying the push-ups. I forced them to eat a few more and I ate a couple too. He was worn out by the time we were done. Just totally wasted and the members felt really bad realizing what they had done. Its the same with Jesus Christ. He suffers for every single sin that we choose to make. That WE choose to make. Even at times it may look fun or sweet like the candy, so we'll go ahead and eat it all up. But someones paying the price and that is our brother Jesus Christ. We just have to realize that we make the decision. We make him suffer. Why not choose the right choice that will keep our brother from suffering and make us more happier in the long run. Why not? Its pretty simple. You could say its a win-win situation. I know that it's true. There will be trials in our life, but if we just endure, it will be so worth it.

It was pretty hard to say goodbye to Anziano Scheurn, but it happened and everything went fine. Its always hard saying goodbye to your trainer, so it was pretty hard for him. I also had to say goodbye to my trainer from the very beginning. Anziano Hirsh. He went home. That was pretty hard too.

I am so thankful for these two boys! They have made such great choices and continue to do so! I could not be more proud of them and their choice!

It will be a grand reunion when both of these boys are home and we can all be together again!

Rhett and Eric, keep up the hard work your Heavenly Father is well pleased with both of you AND.... WE LOVE AND MISS YOU BOTH MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment