Monday, February 28, 2011

"I LOVE SNOW"!!!

This is the church that has been built not long ago that is used evry Sunday! The memorial that stands 38 and a 1/2 feet tall! It weighs over 100 tons and is one solid peice od granite!







Jan
and I at the country store in Sharon, Vermont!


What a great week it has been!

I LOVE THE SNOW!!
I know for all of you that live in snow are are thinking.... "If she only had to live in it"!
I have had the opportunity, with much thanks to the Scheidels ,to come for a visit to Connecticut! Walker served his mission in the Hartford Connecticut Mission and to this day he will tell you it is the best mission in the whole world! I might have to agree! One of the reasons why he will say it was the best mission is because this is where he met the Scheidels!
Walker met many people on his mission but as he served in the town of Canton he met two wonderful people who now over the last four plus years have became our good friends as well!
Their names are Janet, we call her Jan and her husband is Hal!
Jan knows I love the snow as I have talked to her over the years! I kept telling her one day I would come to visit them when it was snowing! Hal and Jan have been to our home and over the last three years when Walker and I have come to visit... we have gone to New York with the Scheidels and we have grown to love them very much! But when we have been here, it was never when it was snowing!
About 2 month ago Jan calls me and said "Do you want to come out in January or February"! She continued to tell me she had a plane ticket that was going to expire soon and she needed to use it! I still do not beleive that... And I know one of their kids could of used it as well and.... I have to say I was not sure if I could travel across the U.S again since I just got home from Georgia four weeks or so ago!
BUT sweet Jan someway talked me in to coming for a visit! It was not that I did not want to come but... for all that know me it is hard for me to travel out of Gilbert! Finally Jan called and said "I just need to know when you want to come because I need to let my work know what days I need off,so when you come I will not have to work!! At this point I think I really do want to see the snow and Jan is not talking a no at this point and who would not want to be with the Scheidels... What am I waiting for!
Before I knew it, Jan had me on a flight1
This week has been fantastic! We drove to Vermont and while we were there they had a HUGE snow storm in Vermont where the schools were closed and the town we were in was pretty much shut dawn! I LOVED IT!!! We spent Thursday through Saturday there! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! I have NEVER seen so much snow!!!
We were not on any time frame so it was nice to relax and just enjoy the snow! On Saturday Jan took me to Sharon Vermont where Joseph Smith was born! AGAIN.... I LOVED THIS TOWN!! Jan was so kind she had been to this memorial several times but she let me have the tour and take all the time I wanted! It was great usually when you go it is in the spring and summer and there are lines you have to wait in to get in and have a tour! But on this BEAUTIFUL SNOWY day we were the only ones there so it was like I had a private tour!!! I found out things I never knew before! These grounds and this memorial was BREATH TAKING!
We came back on Saturday and Jan has continued to do SO MANY nice things for me! She has gone out of her way to show me where Walker lived and where he served, when he was here, she has driven me to different towns to see the history and.... Jan made "Fondue" for dinner one night! It was delicious! I have never had this before! Jan said that was Walkers favorite meal always! Now mine as well!
This trip will be one I will never forget!! I am so thankful to Jan and Hal in so many ways! I am so thankful for all they did for Walker while he was on his mission! I am so thankful for the love generosity and time she has given me! I am especially thankful for the special love and friendship we share! I can't thank her enough for everything she has done to make this a perfect fun week! I will treasured the hours of conversation Jan, Hal and I have shared over the past week!
I am so thankful for the snow.... I know you are still saying "if you lived in it you would not be thankful for it" BUT.... I think I still would love living where it snowed! I am much more of cabin in the mountain and snowy days , sipping hot chocolate in front of a fire girl than.... sitting on a fancy beach or cruise boat sipping virgin Pina-Colada kind of a girl! Again thank you Jan and Hal for a wonderful fun chilly week!
I LOVE YOU BOTH DEARLY!!!
"So Tom when are we going to move to the snow'?

No comments:

Post a Comment