Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 1-1-11

Rachelle Lee and Ashley Lindblom from our Satke!!


My Cute Boy!!!


Ashley Lidblom


Tom's Outfit to go check the mail!!!








First just want to say.... Happy New Year!!
Tom and I had a great New Years evening and brought the New Year in with about 400 young single adults!!!
Tom took it upon his self to volunteer us both to chaperon a New Year Eve party at Polar Ice Skating Rink! We thought we would make a good night of it so we started off early in the evening getting ready and realized we did not check the mail box to see if we received a letter from Anziano Scheurn. So I sent Tom out to the mail box to check and when he came back in I looked at him and said..."What the HELL are you wearing"????? He said it was cold so that is why he looked the way he did but....I am still not sure why he did not just get a jacket and put some pants on???
After we were ready Tom had made reservations at Claim Jumper and we enjoyed a FANTASTIC dinner before heading over to Polar Ice! There was 12 stakes there so there were tons of kids skating, and playing broom ball. There was a band playing so there was kids dancing as well! I told Tom we did not need to be thee to chaperon all these kids....It was the kids that were sitting at home with their girl friend or boy friend....Those were the kids that needed chaperon!
It actually was fun! We saw a few kids from our stake and we also just enjoyed talking to kids we did not know! We brought the new year in with ALL these kids and then headed home!
Tom and I enjoyed emailing Anziano Scheurn when we got home to wish him a happy new year!! We got to bed around 3:00am!
Tom and I look forward to this year! It is exciting to see all of our children grow and our grand kids grow but.... We are especially excited to see Anziano Scheurn grow! It is amazing to see just how much he has grown already in just the first 3 weeks that he has been gone!!
I am so thankful for this last year! We have been so blessed in so many ways! As Tom and I reflected back on this year we are thankful for the few trips we were able to take. We are so thankful for Tom's job! We are thankful for one another and the love we have for each other! Life is all about perspective! I know as I have served countless hours in my calling and as Tom has served countless hours in his calling we have recognized all we have! It is funny how when you are serving others you don't have the time to think about the hard times that we have had! There is so much sadness in this world at times BUT... I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of my Heavenly Father and my Savior! I have leaned on both of THEM at times in the past year and I felt THEIR arm around me many times! This year I hope I can lean a little harder and surrender to both of them so no matter what comes my way I will be able to handle anything!
I know this year will be Fantastic as we receive letters and pictures from Anziano Scheurn! I am so thankful for Tom and all he does to lighten my load! I am thankful for the time Tom and I share whether we are just sitting side by side on our computers or watching TV together,, going out to eat, laughing with each other, praying together, going to the movies, having Slurpees or what ever it is, I look forward to doing all these things with him in the coming year!
How can this year to come be anything but wonderful!
Again Happy New Year to all 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment