Saturday, January 22, 2011

"AThilly Fun Week"!


Favorite "Thilly" picture!

Saying good-bye at the airport in Jacksonville!


Brogie-Bear!

Grey-Bee and Mima!

Last day in Jacksonville. This is where I fly in and out of!
Jacksonville Beach!

Movie night!

Vance and Brogan!


Grey-Bee Baby!


Scripture story time!




" Thilly"!

Jumping making our hair fly and trying to catch it in the picture! Yes we were "Thilly" girls!
Our Lucky sand dollars I found!

A fun perfect day!
Our pretty one and only!!


Posey's Gangster pose!

Downtown Savannah! There are big beautiful squares everywhere!

This BIG Hawk was in the middle of a down town square in Savannah! He was not scared of me but I was scared of him!


What a week! I have learned new songs, went to the movies, had lots of laughter and tender hearts to heart, and just old fashion fun, with my "One and Only" daughter, Posey.
I had been missing Posey and her family so I thought I would take a quick trip to Georgia and have a visit!
I LOVE my boys! I love their sports, their sense of humor, and their willingness to help me when ever I need it,and their willingness to serve where needed! I love seeing my boys together having fun with one another. I am so thankful for my sons and love them all with all my heart and I know they love me too! I am so thankful for each one of my boys! But... the one thing with boys is...When they get older they like to be with their dad and I could understand why! Their wives, that I LOVE..... tend to be with their moms which I completely understand as well! So sometimes I feel a little left out. Before I had children I thought I only wanted girls! But it is funny how the Lord sends you just what you need when it comes to HIS and our children!
He knew I would only be getting one daughter so HE sent me one of his very special daughters and our... only daughter Posey!
It was so fun to spend time with just her as we had a chance to have some mother daughter time together! Ben was nice and watched their three little boys so Posey and I could do some fun things together and just spend quality time with each other!
How often do just Posey and I get to go to the movie together and be the only ones in the whole theater! We did not have to even turn our phones off and we laughed loud and talked loud,sand loud, through the whole movie! It was so fun and we went home and downloaded the songs from the movie so we could sing them all week together! WE loved the movie, "Country Strong"!
It was fun to see the boys and Ben as well! Vance would ask me in the morning before he left for school... "Mima are you going to still be here when I get home"? "Mima how many more days are you going to be here"? (not sure if that was a good or bad question) It seems like Vance was just born and now he is five! It was fun to see Brogan. Brogie-Bear has never been real warm with me but the night /morning (1:00am) I got there he came out of his bed and crawled up on my lap and cuddled and gave me a kiss on my lips! He never even kisses my cheek let a lone my lips! Grey was so cute he is walking now and is a heavy handful and.... all he want to do is EAT!!! It was fun to see the boys! The one thing they kept asking me was :Where is Pops, Rhett and Boone, the dog! I know Vance and Brogan were disappointed they did not come!
I enjoyed the days so much where Posey and I got to just spend time with the two of us! On Thursday, we drove to Hilton Head! That was my favorite day! As we drove into town we stopped by Barnes and Noble and picked up a few thing, one being a Italian dictionary. It is getting harder to read Anziano Scheurns letters! We then went to get a great sandwich and headed to the beach!
It was a BEAUTIFUL day! As we were walking on the boardwalk...Posey just took off skipping like she use to when she was a little girl! Before I knew we both started skipping. I did not last to long as you can imagine with me, but is was just fun having our hair fly everywhere and being silly! I wish I would of had my video camera! The air was so clear and crisp and few people on the beach! We just walked and played on the beach for quite sometime!! Ben called when we were on the beach and asked when we would be getting home and....Posey response was... we have not even started our shopping! He asked what we had been doing all day and I think Posey just said... Having fun being "Thilly" (silly) as Brogan would say, and just being out of control laughing on the beach! I am sure the few people that were on the beach wondered what the heck are those two women are doing!! I feel sure they all thought we were NUTS and... We were that day! (maybe always) That day at the beach was probably the funnest day I have ever had at a beach!
So now comes the retail therapy! We hit a few of our favorite stores and bought a few of our favorite things and headed home!
I need to know how a mom gets through life without at least one daughter! I am so thankful for Posey and for the time we were able to spend together! I do have to thank Ben for watching the boys while Posey and I got some one on one time!
Posey you are such a blessing in my life! I often think if I had to move away from my mom like you did a few years ago and go through some of the trials you have had I would of never been able to do what you have done and endured! I know these last few years have not been easy BUT... you have grown in every way. You have grown spiritually and mentally! I love hearing your little boys talking about stories from the book of Mormon! You have been so helpful in helping people progress in the gospel like you have! Pops and I are so proud of you and we love you so much and we are so thankful for our "One and Only" daughter !
I am so thankful I was able to spend this week of love, laughter, talks, movies, shopping, lunches and even the little bit of slumming we got to do at the hair store! That in its self was some serious cultural!
I Love You Sweet Precious Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment