Saturday, May 29, 2010

One Trillion Percent!!!

























The next night after Rhett's graduation, our exchange student from Brazil graduated from Higley High School! Eric came to the U.S.A. on August 7th and as I have said before he was with an other family in the beginning. Do to some changes in that family Eric was no longer able to stay with them. As I said before a few post back, President Pugmire had met Eric and was aware of his situation. President Pugmire told Rhett and Tom and I that he had prayed hard that he could find a home for him ,where Eric would enjoy living there and became part of a family! Pug also told us that Eric was one of sweetest boy he had ever met! He told us we would love him! Again as I said I was not sure if President Pugmire truly received revelations or he was just desperate to find Eric a home! I felt like it was more desperation! We said we would be happy to take him! I now know it was a divine revelation that President Pugmire received! Eric was suppose to be in our home! He came the end of October. From the minute he walked into our home, it was as though he had been there forever! It was wonderful for Rhett to have Eric there! Rhett and Eric soon became one! We never had to tell Rhett to take Eric with him where ever he went! And soon all of Rhett's friends became Eric's friends. Eric played football, he was the kicker. He did not get allot of playing time but always gave it his all to the end! Then soccer started, being from Brazil you can only imagine how much he love that! Eric also did track, shot put and disk and a little high jump. Track was not his best sport! Eric made many friends at school! Anyone that Eric met and talked to, LOVED him! Eric is always willing to help, and ask what he could do to help. At Eric's graduation, there were so many kids that hugged him and told him how much they were going to miss him! I know Eric touched so many student, teachers and coaches! Eric did well in school, especially since he knew just a few words of English when he arrived. Yesterday Eric and I were able to spend the day together by our selves. We both cried all day! Eric told me at lunch that he find his angel since he met me! Eric always had a smile on his face and appreciated every thing we did for him! Eric had the funniest sayings! He would always ask us "What percent you like" When ever I knew he liked some thing a lot I would always say,'For sure 100%" The boys would say "No that is the worst it is only 3%"! Everything was a %! Eric would also say ! "Its da best" An other thing he would say was "Very Nice"! and he would say "Its the worst! there was not a day that went by that Eric did not tell Tom and I "I love you"! I will say though Eric could be a "Wendy Whiner"! When ever I picked him up from school or if Rhett did, he would get into the car and say "My legs hurt,to much run today! Or he would limp, but most of the time something hurt! Eric has made a deep impression on all of us! Eric we are so proud of you! Congratulation!! Now on to great things! We know you will be successful in what ever you do! We ALL LOVE you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment