Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Happy New Years!

2009 is now over! And Ican say I am thankful but have to say we also were so blessed through out the last year!
In 2009 we completed our home on Fairview only to have to sell it but.... We were so blessed to sell it so quick! Tom put two years into building it. Tom worked on that house every day and so my heart hurts for him but it was a learning time for us! I think if we can stay together through building a home we can get thru anything! Also the car business has been so slow but again we were blessed that Tom was selling Hyundias during this time! I also never take health for granite Tom has stayed healthy and strong! I hope in the year to come Tom can get a little more time off and have a chance to enjoy doing some of the things he likes to do! That would be his quad, horse and maybe a few rounds of golf! Although he still has to talk once a month at church due to the fact that he is on the High Counsel, but with the house being sold he will not have to cram to get his talk done for the month! We are so thankful for the Honorable Priesthood that he holds and thankful for the way he uses it to bless our lifes!
This has been a difficult time for some of our kids but it also ahas been a learning time as well. It is so hard to watch any of your kids struggle but I think it can only made their family stronger if they will let it!
We got a new addition to our family in September by the name of Bennett Grey! He was born 2 months early and was in the hospital for 5 weeks but he is a fighter and thankfully he is now almost four months old and finally he weighs 9 pounds! That makes ten grand kids for us now! WOW!
In 2009 we were able to take in a foreign exchange student by the name of, Eric Kintish! He has brought alot of fun and love and laughter into our home! You never know what he will say! It has been great for Rhett to have a younger like bother and they have such a great time together!
Rhett had a great football season and worked hard to get a starting position on the team as a defensive end! Their team were nine and one! He is now in wrestling season and doing well! He wrestles 171 weight class and is in great shape! He can run a 11 minute 2 mile! He is built just like his dad! Rhett has told us that he would like to serve a full time mission this year so he will be on a mission at this time next year!
Walker is on his way in school! He has been home from his mission for almost two years and is now thinking he will get his degree in nursing and then maybe he can get on with he fire department! That is what he really wants to do! We enjoy Walker ever so much and know what ever he decide to do will be the right thing for him!
With Posey moving to Indiana this last year has been hard but I think we both have grown thru her move! She really had to rely on the Lord being in Indiana without family there. And with Health problems it has been hard on her! I was able to go help her three times in the past year but I miss her alot! She now has 3 little boys and her hands are full!
Joe and Erin continue to use Love and Logic on their kids and has had fun taking a few family trips this year! I think Erin and Joe need to have another baby but who knows if that will happen! Their little Emma is so motherly and she helps her mom alot even tho she is only 5 years old!
Blake and Tanya now have four kids and they stay busy! Tanya has picked up a few more days at work due to the car business not being so good! I think that they are looking forward to a new year! Baby Gage is so cute and is huge for his age, he is now one year old and keeps everyone hopping! Lucy gave Elli a haircut that Tanya was not to happy about! But all in all they are doing well!
As for me well this last year, 09 I am happy to get it behind me! I have had to have a power port put in my chest and and have infusions every week for the last several months! But on the other hand i am so thankful that all that I have gone through I can still get out of the house and go visit Genell in the nursing home, go with Monya to get her treatments, continue with my calling as a Agency Rep for Family service and enjoy the grand kids and still have date night with Tom!
I have so many things to be thankful for! I am so thankful for Tom, Our kids, grand kids! I am thankful for a Father in Heaven that knows me and loves me and a Savior that gave His life for me to have Eternal life with my family! I am thankful for those who are fighting for my freedom and for Myles Fattaleh and all the other missionaries that are serving people all over this world!
It is my prayer that this year I will try harder to be a better person in all ways!
I am ready for 2010!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. WE are tied in the Grandma department. I have 10 too!!! You did it with fewer kids so you probably are really ahead. I loved reading all about your kids and your year. How about Walker marries Bethany? Oh i will be in such trouble if she ever sees that. Ok, well they are all so cute and nice and I love you!

    ReplyDelete