Sunday, December 15, 2013

Soon To Be The New......Mrs. & Mr.!!!!!!!!

My Baby is getting married!!
To this beauty!
Please meet the soon to be  Mrs Nolan Rhett Scheurn!!
AKA Brooke Ann Olson!!!! 
What a fun time we had! For anyone that knows me well you know I am NOT a world traveler at all! I pretty much do not like to travel past Strawberry Arizona but I have to say I was happy to be invited and to make it through these five days! To say New York was COLD..... is an under statement!!!! It was freezing bitter COLD!!!!!!!!!!! 
We arrived late afternoon on Friday and caught the first cab we could and went to our hotel in Soho. 
Who looks this cute after traveling all day!! Brooke does!!!!!!!
After unpacking a few things..... you know we went straight to "Little Italy"!!! Rhett LOVED speaking Italian  with all the people there but.....The food was YUMMY too!!!
The next morning we got up and headed out!! We were out ALL day! Oh and did I say it was COLD!!!!!!!!
We strolled Central park!!!! The park was FROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did a little shopping at Rhett's favorite place.....Zara's!!!!!
AND it SNOWED!!!!!!!! Oh and yes.....IT WAS COLD!!!!!!!!

Stopped in at the Metropolitan Museum!! I not such a museum fan but..I could of stayed all day because it was nice and warm inside!!!!
Central Park!! FREEZING!!! and WALKING!!!!!!!!
Waiting for the subway!!! I really think these two could live in New York! Rhett used the Metro so much in Italy while serving his mission and Brooke live 4 years in L.A. and loves the fast life!!! AND they both have been to New York a few other times and they just fit here!! Me... NOT SO MUCH!!!! But I will say it was fun to be with these two!!!


Of course...it is Christmas in New York and you can't leave without going ice skating!!!
Bryant Park!!!!!


No Brooke...I hate pictures, I do not want to pose.....JUST TAKE THE DANG PICTURE!!!!!!!!
And this is where Brooke and Rhett's life changed forever!! 
From the minute Rhett met Brooke he was in love!! I not sure this is how it was for Brooke! Thats all I will say about that...Right Brooke....I will just say...bowling!!!!
I have never heard Rhett talk like this before after meeting any girl! Rhett told me from the start he knew this is who he would marry! I jokingly said to him....but she is blonde! (inside thing)  
Rhett is not a touchy outwardly showing love to much but, Brooke for sure brought this out in him! These two are opposites in many ways but the same in many ways too!! The one thing I do know is they are just a beautiful couple and I could not be more happy for both of them!!!
Rhett said it would be epic and it was!!!


As Rhett proposed people gathered around in all different languages and began to clap and cheer!! I over heard a man say...WOW this guy makes me look bad!!!! There were tears as well! I felt sure they would freeze to my face but.... it was quite fun to be apart of this special moment!! I know Rhett was so so nervous!! It truly was, in Rhett words..Epic! I will not ever forget this proposal!!
After Brooke said YES.... They went to a quiet spot on the top of the Empire State building to be alone for a little while... as I waited and FROZE my A** off and enjoyed the lights of the city!
After the proposal we find a yummy street side pizzeria and ate some fantastic pizza and then went to see a Broadway show!! "A Christmas Story"! It was a great ending to a great day!! 
The next day we did some more retail therapy!! Who does not like to shop in New York even though it is SNOWING and FREEZING!!!!! It was nice we just kind of did our own thing and then met back together! Seriously ever time I go to Canal Street I say to my self...Never again but I have to tell you it is a little bit of a rush! It is pure entertainment!! Just crazy! Found some cute things for the grandkids and Tom Scheurn!!!
It was a fast trip from Friday to Tuesday but so full of fun and excitement!!!
 I am all about the cold and snow!!!! I love when it snows in Strawberry! It is so beautiful and I have a tendency to be warm most  of the time anyways but it was beyond cold there this weekend! I guess I would say it truly was a fun change!  Just happy I do not have to put up with it all the time!
I was a happy camper at this time headed home to Arizona!!!
I was truly surprised our plane was not delayed!! They de-iced the plane and we were off headed back to some warm weather! Thank goodness!!
Just a little nap on the plane! 
We are so excited and happy for Brooke and Rhett! I know that marriage is Eternal and that no matter how good your marriage is.....You still have to work each day on your relationship with your eternal sweetheart!! I feel like if you are straight with the Lord and serving HIM that your marriage will be strong. I know both Rhett and Brooke  love their Heavenly Father  and have a strong testimony of the Savior and Heavenly Father! For this I am grateful! I know as long as they both rely on HIM and each other, as they go through life and its challenges, they will endure always!!
Rhett and Brooke, I love you both very much! I could not be more thrilled to have Brooke Ann Olson for our final "daughter~in~love"!!!! Rhett had several companions on his mission and now he is well prepared to serve his final and eternal  Sweet companion Brooke Ann Olson....soon to be Scheurn!!
March 21, 2014 is the big day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment