Wednesday, October 19, 2011

CHICKEN, CHICKEN, CHICKEN!!!!!

Zaycon chicken is back so I thought I would take advantage of it again!!!! I bought 120 pounds of it and they were such nice chicken Breast! As always HUGE!!! I do not can or bottle things but my close friend Brenda Sanders does and so she helped me! We bottled chicken once before and it was so easy and I thought I would try it again before I invested in my own pressure cooker!! We had a great day visiting with on another!!! We made a great team!!!
I cleaned and cut the chicken and Brenda filled the jars!!
This is what the jars looked like prior to cooking the chicken! It really was easy! You do not have to put water in the bottle, it makes it own both! We just added a little salt!!!
We heated the jars up a smidge in hot water before we put them in the pressure cooker!!!

It was great to get the chicken home and put on my pantry shelf and just look at them!! Brenda said I am sure Tom will really thank you when the time comes that we might have to use food storage. She said I am sure he will be happy to have some nice moist chicken instead of rolled oats!!!
And yes I did go on line and bought a fantastic pressure cooker for me!! Can't wait to get it!!!
My SWEET Brenda, thank you SO much for all the help!! I had a great day with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment