Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why WORRY If You Have FAITH!!!

Nate, the miracle worker has never given up! He too has much FAITH that Genell will walk!
WORRY!!! Sometimes worry has become such a habit...(worry is one of my bad habits) that we can't shake it off even when our minds are convinced that it serves no purpose! We think about what happened yesterday and we are sure it is a clue to the awful things that are sure to happen tomorrow! We can , if we work at it, free ourselves from yesterday and tomorrow. Today is only one little set of 24 hours, a reasonably manageable bit of time that we can concentrate on using well! I will not allow myself to be swamped by thoughts of things that are past. I will not concern myself about tomorrow until it becomes my today. The better I use today the more likely it is that tomorrow will be bright!
I read this quote this morning and I loved it!
My mind went to a few people for different reasons but.... One person my mind went to was Genell Bridges, a dear friend for many years!!
Why Genell you ask??? My thought was Genell has been in a hospital or nursing home now for over four years! I have written about her before! Genell went from a full time wife, mom, she worked as well outside her home, served in the Stake Relief Society Presidency, as well as being a Temple worker! In a week or so she went from this life as she knew it.... to a hospital bed with strokes and seizers for the last four years. She has not walked and can do very little for her self for over four years!
Last week when I went to visit her I made sure I got there doing her "Gym" time as she calls it! (she always use to work out at the gym before she got sick) It is actually physical therapy! She has been so excited because she has been walking in her words, and she wanted me to see her progress! She will call me during the week and tell me how many steps she took that day! She is now up to 42 which takes about 45 minutes to do! She takes about 8 to 10 steps with the help of TWO physical therapist... with on of them actually trying to hold her foot in a forward position and with him picking her leg up to move it for her!! She also has two braces one on each leg! The other leg she can kind of shuffle it a little! She has to rest in between each 8 to 10 steps for about ten minutes!
Genell ALWAYS tells me she was promised a full recovery in many blessings she has had.... and knows she will walk out of the nursing home!
In the time she has been sick she has had her first two grand children born, her bother-in-law passed away, and recently her husband passed away and there have been much more happen that she was not able to be part of! Genell was not even able to go to her husbands funeral!
I have asked her many time do you worry about different things like, walking, learning how to transfer from her bed to a wheel chair with out being hoisted out, her TTP coming out of remission , her children and the list goes on! Genell"s answer is always the same NO!!!! Why would I WORRY when I know Heavenly Father knows me and LOVES me and is aware of my needs! HE has made promises to me! I need not WORRY because of my FAITH in HIM!
Genell always tells me why WORRY if you have FAITH!! She always goes on to tell me if you have FAITH in your Heavenly Father you should have no WORRIES!!
I am so THANKFUL for the example Genell is to me! Seldom do I witness such STRENGTH and FAITH in my life! Not only does she have FAITH but.... She has JOY beyond words!
I will do all I can to surrender my WORRIES to my Heavenly Father and work on my FAITH in HIM and in my SELF!!
Genell I love you so much! You are amazing! I will continue to borrow from your flame! You strengthen my FAITH and I will continue to work on my WORRYING!!!! Thank you for sharing your FAITH with me!
Again, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH PRECIOUS GIRL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment