Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Time to say "Ciao"! (Chow)


Pops final good bye!
The Best of cousins!!!
Walker saying goog bye!
Rhett's best friend!

Rhett's Aunt Jami!
Cita!!! Rhett's Grandma!




A PROUD Tom Scheurn!
Walker is so proud of his brother!
Joe, Erin, Emma, Noah and Gwenie!

Blake and Tanya!
Gavin will miss Uncle Rhett
We are only missing Vance, Brogan and Grey-Bee Baby!
Which one is the Missionary!!!
Opening a few Christmas Gifts!
Cheers!!!!!
CHEERS!!!!!!!
A little toast between Walker and Brittany!
Family Picture! We had to have Posey with us some way!!!!!
President Andersen!

A Proud little brother and a proud Pops!
We all missed Posey! Proud Brothers!

Sushi Night!
This post is a post I have been excited to share, BUT... also a post I have dreaded as well!
How can you feel both happy, excited yet.... sadness,and some fear at the same time?
If you want to understand what I am saying.... Send a Missionary off for two years
This post really started last night!
Rhett really wanted to have some good sushi before he left so... Since Rhett would be gone for two years Pops of course honored his request and we went to Rhett's favorite sushi restaurant! It was "DELISH"!
We all then came home and everyone change into their church clothes and waited for President Andersen to come over to set Rhett apart as a full time missionary! This was sweet sacred time, a night I will never forget! I remember so well when Joe and Walker were set apart and it is something parents never forget!
The only thing that would of made this night completly perfect would of been if Posey and Ben could of come to share this night with Rhett! I missed Posey so much that I had to go get a picture of her and add it to our pictures we took through out the night! I could of used her support with all of the boys! Posey I miss you!
Prior to the blessing and setting apart,President Andersen spoke to all of us! The spirit in the room was sweet and tender! After the blessing Rhett shared his testimony. I think he was a little over whelmed but he spoke from his heart and it was wonderful to listen to "Elder Scheurn! Rhett looked so handsome!
After President Andersen left we all grabbed a bottle of IBC root beer and celebrated! It was cheers to Elder Scheurn!
We opened a few gifts and enjoyed our last night with Elder Scheurn!
Everyone left but Walker and before I knew it I was sitting on the sofa wondering where everyone went! I then realized that Walker had gone back to Rhett's room for a heart to heart talk. I know it was very emotional for Rhett as he shared some of his worries and concerns. When Walker left I went back to Rhett's room and he was siting on the side of his bed with tears flooding his cheeks! Rhett said he was a bit scared but yet he knew this is what he wanted to do! I told him if he was NOT a little scared I would be worried about him! We shared some one on one time and then I told Rhett I would make him a nice bed on the sofa in my room so he could come in our room and stay and visit with Tom and I all night if he wanted to! I talked him into coming into our room and we visited some more! It was one in the morning by this time and the alarm was set for 5:45 am and it came quick!
Tom, Rhett and I got ready packed the luggage in the car and we were off to the airport. We got checked in and headed up toward the gate! When we got to the area where he would go through security Joe and his family, Blake and his family and Mom and Ralph were waiting for Rhett!
Not long after Jami,Myles and Forrest arrived! Then not to long after that Heath, Rain and Ivan came to say good bye as well!
There were many tears, hugs, kisses, good bye and pictures as Elder Scheurn was saying his final Good Bye! Everyone gave a last kiss and hug to Elder Scheurn as tears were streaming down every one's faces! I then walked with Elder Scheurn all the way through the security line and when it was his turn to give his I.D. and ticket I gave Elder Shceurn A HUGE HUG AND KISS not just once but maybe five times!! I did not want to let go! THIS IS MY BABY!! I am sure the huge long line of people that were waiting were wondering why the line was not moving!!! I really did not care at this point! I just did not want to let go! It was a blessing I was able to have the last few minutes alone with my PRECIOUS Elder!!! I then stood a little ways back and watched him walk away until I could no longer see him!! Needless to say at this point I was a mess!
As Tom and I walked to our car there was not a lot said! I feel sure Tom knew that he could say nothing to make me feel better at this point! Nor could I say anything to him to help him feel better! It was a some what quiet ride home!
On the way home Tom and I stopped by Walmart to pick up a few more things I needed to put in Elder Scheurn's Christmas boxes and we returned home!
I was trying to finish Elder Scheurn's Christmas boxes and Tom saw me struggling and so he helped me pack up the boxes as I finished wrapping a few things! We got the boxes put together and Tom went to the Post office to mail them! Tom is amazing and knew how hard the day would be for me so he took the whole day off! That is love!! We finished cleaning out Rhett's room and bathroom! It was so nice to have all the help and support Tom gave me ALL day! BY THE WAY... I LOVE TOM SCHEURN and would not know what to do without him!!
I know that it was Rhett's choice to serve a mission! I know if he looks at him self the way his Heavenly Father looks at him.... He will be so happy and this will be the best two years of his life!!
ELDER SCHEURN.... I LOVE YOU and I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!! I WILL CARRY A CONSTANT PRAYER IN MY HEART for you!!!! I WILL MISS YOU! Two years is nothing compared to the Eternities we have together!! Work hard and SPRINT to the end and I will be there waiting!
CHOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment