Friday, December 24, 2010

Anziano!

So nice Santa and Mrs. Clause came to visit Rhett two nights before he left to the MTC!!


It is Christmas Eve and it is the first Christmas in almost 34 years we do not have any children at home AND.... I am not going to be up ALL night long wrapping Christmas presents and Santa has no stockings to stuff by the chimney! In fact there are no stockings and no chimney ! Santa has come and left.
Rhett is in the Mission Training Center so I am sure Santa will find him with no problem and... his companions! All though Santa did come and visit Rhett on the Monday night before Rhett left on Wednesday, to the M.T.C.!
So try to follow along with this story! Jami signed me up with a missionary mom group. Not all moms are in this group but... If you are in this group you get put in the group of moms where your son or daughter is serving. In Italy there are only two missions, the Rome Mission and the Milan Mission. This group is nice because some moms have questions about where to buy things or maybe what they should buy when their son or daughter get to Italy. Some moms connect because they find out that their son might be serving with another moms son's in the group. Sometimes you find out that some ones child is serving with your child and they are from the same town you are! Anyway you get the idea any question can be asked or any letter written and when you send it it goes to ALL the moms on the list that has a son or daughter either preparing to serve or are serving in Italy!
As I would read some of these letter prior to Rhett leaving I noticed that there were three or four missionaries FROM UTAH with the first name of ANZIANO!! I told Tom people in UTAH are weird they name their kid ANZIANO. I told Tom also "Of course those boys are going to be called to Italy because of their first name is ANZIANO"! Tom reassured me that is not the reason why these boys were called to Italy
Well the first email we get from Rhett he said his companions name is Elder Smith or ANZIANO Smith! Right then in there my heart just sunk when I realized...ANZIANO means Elder in Italian! I felt so bad that I thought people in Utah are weird for naming their son ANZIANO!! So sorry for thinking Utah members are weird!
I am so thankful for my Savior always but at this time of year it is wonderful to think about the true meaning of Christmas and what is really important. This quiet evening has be a chance for Tom and I to visit and reflect on the last year and to talk about things we would like to do in the up coming year! We are thankful for ALL of our kids and there spouse and we are thankful for our grand children and we LOVE each and everyone!
We are especially thankful for ANZIANO Scheurn! we are thankful for his choice to serve a mission! His letters he has sent home have been wonderful and he seems so happy! Again we are thankful for that!! We pray for all of our children and grand children but... we pray a little extra for ANZIANO Scheurn that he will surrender him self to his Heavenly Father and work as hard as he can and sprint to the end of his mission! In the letter I sent him today I told him that he is now "Enlisted until the conflict is over.... Happy are you"! I also told him to "Keep his foundation firm" because ANZIANO you have been "Called to Serve"!!
Merry Christmas to ALL!
And to ALL a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment