Thursday, October 7, 2010

Milestones!!

Pops is so proud!

Rhett's nephews and nieces will be a foot tall at least when Rhett returns
Bishop Porter, Rhett is the first missionary he has sent off!

President Pugmire!!!
President Andersen!
When each one of my kids were little I would think about milestones in their lives that I hoped would come. As my children have grown up I have loved to see different milestones at different times. Some hit milestones I did not expect, and there were milestones I did not know wear to come. And there were milestone that I had been waiting for a long time, and I was thrilled when they came!!
As each milestone has come it is always wonderful to see growth.... but at times I was a little emotional about them as well! The reason why is because it meant our kids were getting older and I would not have that milestone to look forward to with that child again! But I was always comforted with the thought that I still have younger kids and I could look forward to that milestone with the next younger child!
I was excited for each child as they went from preschool, into kindergarten ,then to Jr High and then into High school!!! It was fun to see all my kids in sports when they were so little and then in the end varsity sports. I remember thinking when Posey was barely three, I could finally put her in dance, and I knew she was the best three year old dancer in the world!
But some of the milestones that I could not wait for was when my children were baptized, when they were old enough for young men's and young women. When the boys could serve sacrament and bless the sacrament. It was fun to be with Posey at girls camp, those are times I will always treasure!
Last Sunday Tom advanced Rhett in the priesthood and it was a special tender moment! President Andersen, Bishop Porter, Rob Konieczny, Dennis Ray, President Pugmire, and Rhett's brothers were all there to support Rhett in this milestone in receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood!! MY BABY.... Received the Melchizedek Priesthood On October 3,2010!
I still can't believe that Rhett is old enough! This milestone always seemed liked it was so far away! He will soon be taking his own endowments out in the Temple.... Another HUGE milestone! Then he will soon be leaving for his MISSION..... to Italy to serve the Lord full time for two years. Another HUGE milestone!
AGAIN.... MY BABY!!!!! This milestone is HUGE and I cannot believe it is here! I truly feel like it was just yesterday that Rhett was born! Maybe I feel like this because he is the youngest and with the age difference between Walker and Rhett, I had a lot of one on one time with him.
As happy as I am it is also an emotional time as well! As a mom it seems like once your kids reach this age and milestone.... They are an adult! I feel like I kind of loose the chance to mother in certain ways! I will miss that!
I know this is the growth Rhett need! Tom and I will never quit parenting.... I am not sure if that is bad or good! We are thankful for each of our kids and all we have learned and didn't learn in raising them as they all hit different milestones in their lives!
We are especially thankful for Rhett that he is worthy to receive the Melchizedek priesthood! We are thankful that he has prepared him self and has the desire to serve the Lord for two years full time! This is something he has talked about since he was a little tiny boy!
Now that he is prepared and is ready for this milestone the question is.... AM I!!!!! The answer to that is NO!!!!! I am not quite ready for this MILESTONE!!!!! The thing that I keep telling my self is I can't watch him as good as Heavenly Father can so.... I will rely on the Lord to get me through this MILESTONE!!!!
Rhett, Pops and I love you so much... We are so happy for you and we are so proud of you in every MILESTONE you have come to in your life! We will miss you!!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment