Sunday, October 10, 2010

Choices!




My mom brought this picture of Rhett over to my house a week or so ago and left it for me to enjoy!
As I have looked at it all week there have many thoughts that have come to mind! Two of these pictures are not real clear but.... in my mind I remember that day clearly as if it was yesterday! This was Rhett's baptism day! It was a very happy day for Tom and I!! I remember thinking he looked like a little missionary in his suit!
It is 3:00 am and I am unable to sleep. I keep seeing this picture in my mind for some reason. I have thought a lot about this sweet picture since my mom brought it over to our house. I felt like I should share my thoughts and heart about this picture.
Being my baby... this was a happy day but it was also a emotional day as well! I knew with this choice of baptism that Rhett was growing up! I knew from that moment on....when Rhett came up out of the waters of baptism he would be accountable for every choice he made! I knew that he would have his ups and downs.... But I also knew that by following Jesus Christ example and being baptized .... Rhett was on his way to a life consistent with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Being the baby... I am sure my big kids will tell you that Rhett has been spoiled and... I am sure there is some truth to that! I know Rhett needs to work on being more patience. I know he can be stubborn... but I feel sure that these are things he will learn on his mission! (I hope!)
As I reflect on Rhett's baptism day.... I remembered wondering what was in store for him. I wondered if Rhett would serve a mission? I do have to say thinking back on it.... I knew if and when that day would come it would be a bitter sweet day!
It seems like since Rhett has received his mission call the days have gone by fast and December 15th is approaching quickly! I wish this time would slow down because being a missionary mom years before... I know the two years your son is away.... are the slowest two years of your life!!!
The life Rhett has lived is a life Tom and I have always prayed for him to have!
We are so thankful for Rhett and the example he has been to his family, friends and cousins. We are so thankful for all of the good choices he has made! We are so thankful that he has kept him self worthy to serve the Lord and to follow His example! I know as Rhett serves, he will continue to develope Christ like attributes and... As he does this he will continue to be happy and will grow in ways that will be pleasing to him and to his Heavenly Father!
Elder Scheurn, surrender your self to the Savior and your Heavenly Father! Rely on your Savior, Jesus Christ and your Heavenly Father.... Strive to be like Them and stay so very close to Them and continue to make good choices and you will be Eternally happy!
Elder Scheurn your Mom and Dad love you more than you know! On your baptism day eleven years ago you looked like a sweet little missionary and today you look like a sweet big missionary! Who would of thought eleven years ago that you would be leaving December 15, 2010 for Milan Italy!
Elder Scheurn... Again I say to you... Thank you for making the best choice of your life!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment