Thursday, June 3, 2010

Would I Of Said Yes?
































In the past week, I have often thought... Would I of said yes, if I knew it would be so hard to say "Good-By"? Since Eric has left we have heard from him everyday. WE MISS HIM!!! We miss his smiles, his funny English, his sayings, his bright eyes, the way he skipped around the house, even though that drove me crazy at times! We miss the willingness Eric always had to help in anyway he could. We missed him at church, we missed him at Sunday dinner, we have missed him at family prayer and I know Tom missed him on Sunday when he went to do his home teaching. But Most of all we have missed his over all joy and happiness that radiated from him! Eric has a SWEET, SPECIAL spirit about him that is hard to describe! Eric truly is a wonderful young man who has touched many lives! He has left many memories with, many that will never be forgotten! I can honestly say, who ever Eric met they loved him ,and they will not ever forget him! The good-by was so difficult! Rhett had planned on going out of town on Thursday so they said their good-bys that morning. It was a long tearful good-by. There were a few friends of Rhett's from the wrestling team that had stayed the night and it too, was a very tearful good-by. On Friday Eric and I spent the day alone. We had a few last minute places where we needed to go to pick a few things up for Eric before he left. We enjoyed the time we had together alone. We went out to lunch and we talked for along time! Again many tears! He told me that he never thought he would become so close to our family! He also said that he would of never thought he could love our family like he loves his own, but... in fact he did! Eric told me he loved me, and that I was his angel! Eric expressed a deep love for Tom! Eric always said "Tom Scheurn is the funniest man in the galexcy,as Eric would say and Walker Scheurn too"! When ever Eric called Tom's, Walker's, Rhett's, Joe's or my name he called us by our full name! It was always RHETT SCHEURN ect. I am happy to say he arrived home in Brazil safely. Eric said his family and friends were at the airport to meet him! Our home seems lonely since Eric has left and not only has Eric left but.... Walker bought a new home and is now moving into it as of this last weekend! Eric kept telling Walker to buy a house in Brazil! Also Rhett is in the process of filling out his paper work for his mission so he will be gone before to long as well! Eric keeps telling me that Rhett is going to Brazil for his mission! I do know that Eric had said he would like to come back and go to school and work! He keeps telling Tom that he is going to work at the dealership and pop popcorn for Tom! We will take him anyway or any time! Eric knows he will forever be welcome in our home. In the letter that Eric left for Tom , he expressed a deep love for Tom. He thanked him for going beyond his duties of an exchange dad! Eric loved and admired Tom! Eric made me promise that he would always be our son for ever! Eric also told me in this letter that"He might be going back to Brazil but he had left a BIG piece of his heart here with me! He also told me how blessed he was to live with our family and he felt sure there was divine help from our Heavenly Father , in him coming to our home! We feel sure this is true! I know I have said this many times but.... There were reasons why we needed Eric in our home! Eric help Rhett allot by always being there for Rhett to talk to and keeping him company at all times! There bond was amazing! There is no doubt that Walker and Joe did not realize how close they would become with Eric either! It was nice that Posey was able to come out from GA, to do Rhett's and Eric's senior announcements. And even though Blake was not around Eric that much I know Blake, Tanya and the kids will miss him as well! It is funny every time the grand kids come over they ask "Where is Eric"! We explain it over and over but they continue to ask! I have already been asked by Eric's coordinator from the program Eric was with, if we would take an other student next year and I quickly said NO"!!! I feel pretty sure about that! But.... the question that still comes to mind is "Would we of ever agreed to have Eric live with us if we new it would be so hard to say good-by"? I can honestly say"YES"!!! "In a heat beat"! I would say "100% YES, as Eric would say"! Eric we LOVE you, and you are PRECIOUS to ALL of us! WE MISS YOU, ALWAYS and FOREVER!!! Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment