Monday, June 14, 2010

"The Heater In June"!

The front and back view of the cabin!


"Are you kidding me"! Seriously the heater turned on in June, in AZ!!
This weekend was just what I needed! My SWEET friend Catherine asked me last week if I wanted to go to Pinetop to her cabin for the weekend! I know for those who know me well you are wondering how Catherine talked me in to going, because as everyone knows I am a home body,and.... my most favorite vacation is at home with no kids! Think about it! We love our homes and if we stay home you do not have to pack a suitcase full of clothes, cosmetics. blow dryers, reading material, computer. and more! When you leave your house you even have to remember to bring your phone charger and hope you don't leave where you go!! But... with some smooth talking from Catherine she convinced me to go!
We left Friday afternoon. On our way up the mountain we had to stop and eat at one of my most favorite Mexican food restaurant in... Miami, AZ!! It was DELICIOUS!! The red chili cheese crisp is fantastic! As we got back into the truck we went through a few rainy areas and it was so fun to see and smell the rain on the mountains as we were headed up to the "Chamonix" Catherine named her cabin "The Chamonix" because she has a close friend from France and with all the snow Pinetop had this winter, her friend said the cabin reminded him of an area in the the French Alps that looks out over Mont-Blanc!
We arrived at the cabin about eight in the evening and we unloaded the truck and just as we finished getting everything in it began to rain! WOW, it was coming down pretty hard but I can tell you we opened both doors on either side of the cabin and a few windows. Catherine and I sat down on her over stuffed sectional she on one side and me on the other! We did not even turn the TV on, or even talk to much at this point. We just listened to the rain coming down on the roof, we listened to the breeze through the pine trees and the smell of the pines was incredible! Before long we noticed we were getting a little cold so Catherine grabbed a light blanket for each of us! It was so relaxing, no TV, no kids, no phones ringing, I felt sure that this was better than a full body massage! We began to visit about girly things, kid things and mom things and some very spiritual things as well. Before we knew it, it was one in the morning! So we thought we would head up stairs to go to bed! I was sleeping in the cowboy room so I would not miss Tom! Great idea Catherine!
As we were folding our blankets that we used on the sofa, we realized it was just not cool now but it was COLD!!! As we were going up the stairs we both were giddy with laughter because we were so tired but I also think we were giddy do to the fact of the cold weather! We just kept saying "This is JUNE"! Catherine said to me "I think I should turn the heater on"! I looked at her like she was nuts... WHAT... the heater....but did not complain when she turned the heater on... in June!
We woke up Saturday morning and the heater felt so good but.. I love to feel the cold and to have a big blanket on me! We again snuggled into the sectional and discussed the world problems, and.... solved them, and then we were off to go into town. We went to some fun shops! We bought everything from candles to "Roasted Pineapple Habanero" dip! Yes that is what I said,"Roasted Pineapple Habanero" dip! Catherine poured it on some cream cheese and you use crackers to put it on and it is FANTASTIC!!!! She bought me a jar for a special treat for me to take home! After we shopped we went back to the "Chamonix" discussed and solve world problems again... and then we were off to "Charlie Clarks Steakhouse"! It was a wild and crazy place. We had to walk through the bar to get to the restaurant and I am telling you I thought I was back to my old rodeo days in that place! I was even tempted to have a beer and dance on the table! I finally came to my senses and decided that would not be in my best interest! We had a great dinner except for the clams. Catherine said the "add a clams " at "Taco Bell" were better but I am not sure about that! We went back to the cabin, we were pretty tired and I was missing Tom a little so I was happy to retire to my cowboy room!
On Sunday Catherine had another special treat for me when I woke up, waiting for me was a.... "Mc Choco-Mocho" shake! I think that was what it is called! I had been telling Catherine that I kept seeing this drink in commercials and I never eat at McDonald's, but I said one day I am going to try to stop and try one! We even tried to get one Saturday night, but the machine was closed for the night! I can tell you it was fantastic, but you could only drink about a third of it because it was so rich, but worth it!
Catherine is a sweet, giving, tender, serving person! I do not know how she does ALL that she does! She own a big window covering company, that makes blinds, shutter, verticals, rollers shade screens and more! She is amazing the way she takes care of her family, home, yard, big company and if that is not enough she is ALWAYS remodeling something! She works from the minute she wakes up until the minute she goes to bed!
Catherine has been a wonderful friend! She has made so many meals for our family and every meal she has made for us is YUMMY!!!, She is always there to help me every chance she gets! Even when I maybe screening my calls and don't want to talk to anyone, she will continue to call and leave kind, loving message for me! She has never given up on me! She would do anything for me, and my family! And I would do anything for her as well! Walker moved into his new home on a Friday and as busy as she is she drove all the way out to Queen Creek on Sunday and measured all of Walker;s windows for blinds in between all she had to do that day!
I am very blessed to have Catherine as an example to me! I am blessed to have her as a cherished friend and sister! When I count my blessings I count her twice! Catherine thank you so much for a perfect, fun, relaxing weekend! I am so happy you talked me into going to the "Chamonix"! I love you dearly, and thank you again for ALL you do for me and our family, and everyone else! But... I also want to thank you for... "Turning the Heater on in June" and keeping me warm! I love you "CUTE GIRL"!!!
The Cowboy Room!

No comments:

Post a Comment