Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tom Relaxing... Are You Kidding ME!!!!

Walker helping Pops with his new computer!
"CHILLAXING" in his new chair!


















Well we finally found something to help Tom relax!!! No not medication, a new recliner and a laptop!
Fathers Day 2010 was a good day! Tom had meetings starting at 6:00am for his calling as a High Counselor that lasted longer than usual. He then had to go to the ward that he is over witch is the Summerfeild Ward! So sad to say but... Tom and I did not even get to go to church together! Rhett got up early and went to Missionary prep class at 7:00 am and when he got there it was cancelled due to Fathers Day. I am not clear if someone did not call him and let him know it was cancelled or if Rhett was just not listening very well!
But Rhett and I went to our ward and later that afternoon we all met back at home! Walker was home for the weekend from the Academy and all the other kids and their spouse and kids came over as well! Cita and Ralph came as well. The only people that were missing was Posey and Ben and there cute boys! We really wished they could have been here too!
Walker cooked steak, I made corn,Blake and Tanya made cesar salad, Erin and Joe made peach cobbler and brownie and cita made a pound cake and potatoe salad! it was a great meal!!
Pops not only got a lap top and recliner but, he also got a new watch, a Nike backpack, a new money clip, an I-Tune card,, a computer case and some new barbecue tools, and a home depot gift card and a "How To Book"! As we all know he needs that book!
Tom has been such a wonderful dad! All of our kids love Pops so much! All the kids love to get Tom going on some of his OCDs! We all know Tom has some things that can push his buttons and the boys love to push them! Thank goodness Posey gets her dads back! Tom has always put his family before anything in his life! He would and has done so much for his kids! They have never gone without!
Tom knows for sure ALL of his grandchildren are by far the cutest grand kids in the world! They love to come to Pops's house to help feed the horses and to eat Pops famous pancakes! ALL the grand kids think Pops is the funnest Pops in the world! Just a few weeks ago Posey's little boy Vance had to get glasses and he was not happy about it! Vance said his glasses looked dumb and he would not where them! So Tom had me take a picture of him with his glasses on and we sent it Vance! Well Vance loved that and since Pops had glasses Vance said he would where his now and he has!
Tom is always up so early and does his morning rituals! Go feed the horses and clean stalls, comes back showers and gets ready for work! During school wakes Rhett and they get the trashes out and they feed the dogs and what ever other few things that might need to get done!
But what I love the very most about Tom is , EVERY morning before he leaves for work, Tom kneels on my side of the bed and prays with me. He then tells me "I love you and to have a good day"! Gives me a kiss good-bye and he then off to work! He never forgets! It is always the best part of my day!
What more could I ask for in a husband and father! Tom deserves the world! We are so very blessed as a family to have Tom for a husband and father and priesthood leader in our home!!
Tom we love you more than you will ever know! I love you in a powerful eternal way that is hard to describe! I have said this before but I have to say it again....
I am so thankful to be sealed to you for the eternities! I am so thankful you are my "ETERNAL COMPANION" and could not face this life with out you! I LOVE and ADORE you! You will ALWAYS be my ETERNAL PRECIOUS SWEETHEART!!! Happy Fathers Day!
XXOOXXXOOXOX

No comments:

Post a Comment