Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It Just Can't Be!!!

IT JUST CAN'T BE!!!! My baby! The on that use to call me Precious! The last eighteen years and eight months and has flown by since Nolan Rhett Scheurn was born! It seems like it was just yesterday he was born! I remember it as if it was yesterday! I remember walking into the hospital, I can see the O.R. we were in for my c-section, I can see all the doctors faces. It truly seems like It was just moments ago!
And now the time has come that Rhett has chose to serve a mission! I remember when Rhett was a baby, knowing he was our last child, that he might choose to serve the Lord for two years when he became 19 years of age. As I have said before with the big age difference between Walker and Rhett, Rhett was raised kind of like an only child.
The years that I was able to spend time with just Rhett when the other kids were at school was special! We definitely had a strong bond. I often thought of the time he would turn 19 and leave for two years and serve a mission. When I would think about it, I often tried to put it out of my mind. The reason why I did was because I knew it would be hard for me to let him go due to the fact how close we are and... HE IS MY BABY!!! Not to mention that it would be just Tom and I home alone, after Rhett left and for all of you that know Tom you know that could be challenging! Love him dearly but...
The time is here!!! Rhett had his last interview with Bishop Porter and Bishop clear it all through church headquarters to recieve and print out his papers! Rhett fill out all of his part of the papers and has sent them back to saltlake. Rhett just had his physical today, TB test and went to have lads drawn! Rhett will have his teeth cleaned and examed next week and what ever needs to be done dental wise will be done the next week!
Rhett has been attending missionary Prep classes and is well on his way to serve the Lord for two years!
We will miss all the football games, the wrestsling tounements, track, his wit, and his handsome face! But as hard as it will be to let him go... I know there are many waiting just for him! I do worry that I have ruined Rhett by being overly protective of him... But it is my prayer that he will rely on the Lord for the strength he will need to serve!
I was talking with Rhetts Young Men President and I was voicing my concerns to him and he told me, Tamy, Rhett might be hard at times to get him out on those super activities, but once he hits the church parking lot and they are trying to load the trucks and trailors, it is Rhett that is doing all the loading and helping the younger boys"! Brother Ray also told me "that Rhett reminded him of the young boys pulling the hamd carts across the frozen river. He said Rhett is so strong and helpful"! Brother Ray told me about some young Deacons on the last super activity that were scared to go down some rather steep rocky trail. Brother Ray said Rhett helped each Deacon down and then went back up again to bring each one of their back packs down for them one by one!
I am thankful that Rhett has made the choice to serve his Heavenly Father and the people where he is called to serve! I know if Rhett will look at him self as his Father in Heaven looks at him, he will be an amazing missionary! I know the Lord is well pleased with Rhett just as his earthly parents are as well!!
Rhett, I LOVE and ADORE you, give your whole self to the Lord! Work HARD! Take every chance you get to loose your self in service and you will be forever eternally happy! We will miss you and you will be a constant prayer in my heart my PRECIOUS boy! I do know you will go where the Lord needs you the most!! Pops and I love you with all of our hearts and we are so very proud of you!!! IT JUST CAN"T BE, MY BABY HAS BEEN CALLED TO SERVE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment