Thursday, June 9, 2011

What Was I THINKING!!!!

Not quite sure what I was thinking....I guess I wasn't....But Vance and Noah had a birthday and my baby sister Nena, was going to the Grand Canyon with her daughter Grace....and my sister-in-law....Jami and her son Grayson. So I decided I would take the two birthday boys along with Nena and Jami! It was a quick trip...We left Monday morning and returned Tuesday night! Unfortunately I lost my camera while on the trip so our pictures are just from our cell phones! We stoppedd by Montezuma Castle and Montezuma Well on the way up! The boys earned a Ranger badge and love the cliffs and castle! From there we had some yummy sandwiches so we took them to a picnic area by Montezuma Well/Spring and enjoyed a fun cool breeze under the huge Sycamore trees! There was a running stream where we put our feet in and played in the water! Us girls were admiring our pedicures under the cool crystal clear water!! SO FUN!!! We then headed up to Williams where we stayed in the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel!! We arrived just in time for the kids to swim for an hour or so before we got them ready for bed! We decided in route to get something to eat...To stop and watch the shoot out on "Route 66"! The little boys were scared to death and did not want to get out of the car....Not to mention they were in their PJ's...But we finally made them get out and they enjoyed it a lot!! By the time we got to dinner Noah cold not stay awake!! We sort ate without him as you can see! The next morning we got up or should I say we had to wake the boys up...To catch the train! They were exhausted from the day before!! It is only 65 miles to the Grand Canyon BUT....It takes two and a half hours to get there!!!!!! There was some entertainment while on the train!! I do wish it could of gone a little faster! The little boys got pretty restless...And the women in front of us did not seem to understand!! Especially on the way back!!! Once we got to the Grand Canyon It was some what nerve racking trying to make sure no one went over the ledge!! That is including me!! There was a moment where I thought I might just jump....After trying to hold on to two little boys who had been on a SLOW train for two and a half hours!!! We had a ice cream while Nena and Jami took their kids on a little hike! When they return we grabbed some quick lunch and we headed back to the train for our SLOW ride back to Williams!!! We did run into some bad cowboys that jumped onto the train and try to rob us!! As they come into our train...Vance was terrified! I told Vance they were not real so....He pulled his head up from hiding and YELLED to them..."MY POP'S IS A COWBOY AND HE CAN BEAT YOU UP"!!! It was so funny and cute!! I feel sure Pops could of took them all if he were there!!! Tuesday morning as the kids were eating Noah lost a tooth or should I say....Grammie pulled Noah's tooth...That was excited as well! He dropped it on a white speckle floor and it took a while to find it but we did so he was happy for the "Tooth Fairy" to come and visit him!! Once we got back to Williams at around 5:30...We went to Safeway and grabbed some fruit, cheese and crackers and headed back down the mountain!! We listen and sang our favorites songs on the ipod. Noah made it to about 20 miles outside of Flagstaff and was out like a light and Vance...Did not fall asleep until about 20 miles from home!!! It was a great trip and I was happy I took the boys BUT...I think before I ever take another grand child on another short rode trip....I need to make sure it is age appropriate!! All in all...I know the boys had a great time!! That is what is most important!! It will be a trip they will hopefully remember!! Vance and Noah...I love you both ever so much....I am thankful that we were able to spend the time together and...Thanks for trying
to scare off the robbers and protect me!!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment