Saturday, June 11, 2011

"120 Pounds"









For those of you that were asking me about the "bulk chicken"....Here we go! My friend Karen Lee was kind enough to think about us when the "bulk chicken" come around this time! Many of you were asking exactly what it looked like and how it came! You pay for it two weeks or so in advance! It comes out to be about $1.64 a pound. It comes in a 40 pound box.Inside each box there is four bags of ten pounds each! It is really nice because about four days before the BIG truck comes they email you and let you know where to pick it up! The great thing about the pick up is you do not even have to get out of your car! You bring your receipt you print off...You drive up in a line...you give them your receipt...They put a the number of boxes you bought with a number on your windshield...You go another 30 feet and they put it in your car where you want it....With plastic bags under the box just in case they leak! The chicken was only 3 days old and had never been frozen! It was quite cold though...Almost frozen! They do tell you to go home and re-bag it in to smaller bags!! I called Tom on the way home and he say that he would meet me at home to bring it in! I re-assured him I could carry it in...Not such a right idea...Where is Rhett when I need him!!! (I miss him.... another post) Once I got it in and opened it...Like Karen said these chicken breast were HUGE!! They are more like small turkeys!!! There was hardly any fat on them! I ended up cutting each breast in to four pieces! Erin came to help on the last 40 pounds or so...which was nice! The kids helped put a 6 or 4 on each bags and Erin bagged them!! We made a few bags of just four breast so if was just a 3 or 4 people you would not have to thaw out to much!! The bonus came when I drop Karen Lee's chicken off at her house for her...She had made me a BEAUTIFUL loaf of bread and....A bottle of home made peach jam she also had just made!! I told Karen I would pick up anything she needs and bring it to her anytime for such a delicious loaf of bread and fresh peach jam!! Karen Lee... I LOVE YOU and thank you for letting me in on the chicken and..... THANK YOU SO MUCH for the bread and jam!!! IT WAS THE BEST BREAD EVER!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment