Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Basketball Gets Rough!!!


Tom plays basketball at the church at noon on Wednesday with Joe and several of Joe's friends! I know things can get rough but today....Tom really took one for the team!! Tom was a little late when he came home to change but hurried up to go play what he calls...some good fun exercise! They usually play 4 to 5 games of full court ball up to 25 points!! I have always know it is slightly more that just exercise and just getting your cardio in for the day!! I KNOW TOM!!! After Tom left he came back 20 minutes later and when I heard him come in the house, I hollered....Whats wrong? I knew he would of only come home for one reason early....and that would be because he was hurt! The one reassuring thing I had to hold onto was at least he could drive him self home!!! Right!!! About the time he walked into our room, I say his white shirt was RED!!! He went on to say he was.... MAD!! When Tom gets hurt his reaction is MAD! The real reason why he is mad....He knows injuries can slow you up and he just does not have anytime for injuries!!! But the things he enjoys in life are fast things! His horses, motorcycles, quads and fast sports!! So Tom.... here we go....If you do not want to get hurt.... maybe you should slow down and...ACT YOUR AGE...But.... then again this is one of the things I LOVE about you!!! I am so sorry you had to "take one for the team"....But I am so thankful you were not hurt really bad!!
I am also REALLY thankful for Doctor Karl Hiatt who I use to work for!! I guess that is one of the blessing of scrubbing for a plastic surgeon for several years!! I was able to call on a back line during lunch. He was in surgery but was more than happy to have Tom come right in!!! I think Karl was just happy to see Tom and plan there next diving trip to Mexico!! WHAT....Did I say diving??? Yes, Tom and Karl love to dive...WOW...I think I took the hit on that one!! Again I was happy Tom was not hurt to bad AND....I would not want Tom to change anything about him except...Next time let someone else "take one for the team"!! I LOVE YOU TOM SCHEURN!!!




Karl Hiatt...Your the BEST!! The BIG "Y" shape laceration now looks like a small thin line!! ALL internal stitches!! Much better than the emergency room where you come out with "Frankenstein" black nylon stitches!! Good Job Karl!!!

On to visit about the Mexico diving trip!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment