Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Precious!!!



Pops is Proud!!
Rhett's exchange brother, Eric!

Pops was excited last high schooler! Sad for me! My Baby!
Joe and Erin made Rhett a lei.




My baby graduates? WHAT... Are you kidding me! The little boy that called me "Precious" all the time when he was little, is now graduating ... It just can't be!!! When Rhett was born he truly was a special little boy! There is a big age difference between Walker and Rhett due to the fact that I was told not to have any more kids after I had Walker because of my health problems. But I never felt like our family was complete! I remember telling Tom there was another baby that was waiting to come to our home, and Tom said he felt like there was too. It did not take long for me to get pregnant. My doctor was not happy I was pregnant. The pregnancies was difficult and high risk. But all along we knew we were to have this special spirit in our home! There was a point in my pregnancies that the high risk doctors told us that Rhett might not make it. I had been exposed to a virus. The doctors told me if I had come in contact with it before I got pregnant the baby would be fine but... if I was exposed during the pregnancies the baby might live just a few days or less. Then there were problems with the amniotic fluid, it was very low. The high risk doctor told me if it got to low they would take the baby quickly. So I would have to go to the doctor every week to have the fluid checked. Five weeks before I was due the news came that Rhett needed to come that day. The doctor told me to go straight to the hospital and he would meet me there in an hour. As I started to drive to the hospital I had an over whelming feeling that I needed to have a priesthood blessing! Tom was not a member at this point so I went home and called our good friends Brenda and Art Sanders! I explained the situation and asked him if he would come give me a blessing. I called Tom to come home and he was there in a heart beat! In the blessing Art gave me, he reassured me that all would be fine and that I would recognize the Lords hand in all things. He also said that Rhett would be healthy. After this blessing there was so much peace and my worries seemed to fade. I decided that I would shower do my nails and make up and pack my bag in no hurry! I can tell you when I got to the hospital the doctors were scrubbed in and waiting! They were not to happy with me! I remember looking at the clock when I walked in and it was a little after four and Rhett was born before five by C-Section like my other kids. AND... yes he was perfectly healthy! A bit small but beautiful. The only sad part was I had a temperature four about five days and it was not clear why I had it so the doctors would not let me see him him up close or hold him. The nurses would take pictures and bring them to me so.... when my temperature broke I could not keep my hands off him!! With the age difference between Walker and Rhett it was like raising an only child! And then as always the baby of the family is always spoiled a little bit! Rhett was for sure my little side kick. And what mother's heart would not melt if their child called her 'PRECIOUS'!! I would always tell him "Rhett are you my precious" and he would put his hand on my cheeks and say "No you my Precious"! I remember on e day when Rhett and I were at the grocery store and he was sitting in the basket and we were in the check out line waiting. I realized I forgot on thing and it was down the aisle right behind us. I decided I would run and grab it quickly. I could see Rhett in the basket as I walk quickly to get what I needed! But... I guess Rhett got nervous with out me holding on to the basket or with in touching range. All of a sudden Rhett yells at the top of his lungs.... "Precious Where Are You"!! I ran back as quick as I could reassured him every thing was fine! The man standing behind me said to me, "Did he just call you precious"? As I was answering him, Rhett's says "Precious don't ever leave me"! Needless to say the man said that is so cute. As we checked out and left the man said 'By Precious" and Rhett waved good bye! I truly enjoyed the one on one time I had with Rhett. Something else about Rhett was he was a climber! He could get on anything including the to of the refrigerator. Tom and I were out with some friends and they asked Tom how Rhett was doing! Rhett was about two and a half at the time. Tom said, "did you not hear", our friends replied no what... Tom said" Rhett has some health problems". every ones face became very somber.... Tom then said "It is called Alz-Climbers"! Rhett would climb anything! I will say that there were times where I carried a wooden spoon in my back pocket because, I would put Rhett down for a nap and I would go in to check on him and he would be climbing out his window to go see the little boys on our street to play! At age 3 and 4! He was so fast and still is! We are so thankful for Rhett! With every child there are time that are easy and times that can be hard but... We could not be happier with the choices that Rhett has made through out his life! Rhett has done well at school! He is smart, school seemed to come easy for him. I hope Rhett sticks with his goals he has made for his education. Rhett has done well in seminary. He is my only child that did not have any make ups in seminary to graduate. Rhett has done well in sports Since Rhett was a freshman he has had a A hour. He played football,wrestled and ran track all four years of high school. So he would leave for school at 6:40 and would not get home until six or later every day for four years! And if it were not for Walker wrestling Rhett to the ground, and pounding him, as Tom was yelling, "stop wrestling in the house" Rhett would not of been the great wrestler he is! Rhett being on the tail end was lucky because all of his siblings always supported him by going and watching him through football and wrestling season! I know Rhett can be stubborn at times, (he gets that from me) but I also know Rhett's heart! It is TENDER! I know Rhett has a testimony of his Savior and his Heavenly Father. I know how much Rhett LOVES his family! Especially his nieces and nephews! We as parents are so proud of him! We are excited to see him continue to grow in ALL ways! We are so excited to see where the Lord will call him to serve! I am sure there are those who are waiting just for Rhett! Rhett there are no words to describe the love Pops and I have for you! We are so VERY thankful the Lord trusted us enough to send you to our home and to be part of our family! Continue on the path that you are on now, and it will lead you where you want to go! Your family loves you so much and we all are so proud of you! And Rhett the one thing I never want you to forget is.... You will forever be my PRECIOUS!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment